Rant: Just got my internet back after 2 1/2 days!

Satellite and dial-up are the only options available where I live also. The dial-up finally got so slow that I had to change. HughesNet is not perfect. What really gets on my nerves about it is the 200MB download limit, but it is still a whooole lot beter than AOL dial-up ever was.

yea u go over that limit your speed goes down o a crawl!! they told me 2 years ago high speed broadband would be here but guess what??? it still isn't!!!!

They told me it would be where I live last December, but it wasn't. Even if they did run the cables to us, now I'm stuck with a two year HughesNet contract.

it was only 15 months for me ill prolly end up signing again untill they get broadband out here....then ill just use both, when my friends come over they will get hughs net lol...but i live like in the middle of no where so ill be suprised if in two years we get it!

man hughs net isnt up to snuff round here im supposed to dl at 1.5 mbps but right now i only get 150 kbps it kind of pi$$es me off.
You're getting about the correct speed. 1.5 Mbps is 1.5 megabits per second. There are 8 megabits in a megabyte (MB). So your internet is only 187.5 kilobytes per second.

they dont have none for hughs net i got the higest package they had available back then!

Back
Top Bottom