Cooling Fans. OVERHEATED COMPUTER SHUTS OFF!!

I had the same problem with my pc I bought a pc fan a long time ago and when I first built my computer when I started using it the computer would say cpu is too hot but i ignored it, but after a while my computer would shut off in the middle of something, so I opened my computer up and took the fan out and my fan would move but it would get caught after every rotation so I bought a new heatsink and fan and it fixed the problem.

Well now he told me that his temp was 111.7 and his computer started to smoke and turned off. Everytime he plugs in the power supply.. its starts blinking a light in from of the pc.

btw the computer is a XPS 200

you need to get more fans if you got a drill you can even add a palce for more fans, u have to have at least on spot for a fan in the back!

ok How am I gonna power it?

I have a DELL XPS 200

Fans are powered by molex connectors, the same connectors running from your psu to your hdd, gfx card, and what not. So check to see if the fan you buys comes with a splitter that splits one molex conncetor into two. If not you can buy them off newegg and they're pretty cheap.

Make sure to click the newegg banner at the top if your going to purchase anything.

First, what MB has he got? 2 Did he get any PC health software that came with it eg, I have a JET WAY V266B ,old I know. but with it came a MB disc that had WINBOND HARDWARE DOCTOR, when installed it monitors your PC temps and warns you of any problems, you can also adjust the fans speed to your needs and the program will let you know if you have altered them to much, if you don't have this type of software go to your MB website and see what they use,. Installing extra fans will help,but you need to know why its running so hot, are you OC your RAM and CPU/ GRAPHICS CARD?, if so you should tone it down drastically before you fry the CPU/MOTHERBOARD/RAM & GRAPHICS CARD.

Fans are powered by molex connectors, the same connectors running from your psu to your hdd, gfx card, and what not. So check to see if the fan you buys comes with a splitter that splits one molex conncetor into two. If not you can buy them off newegg and they're pretty cheap.

Make sure to click the newegg banner at the top if your going to purchase anything.
They don't have to be though, most fans are 3 pin and most motherboards come with a number of 3 pin power connections for fans. All you need to do is attach the fan to the case and plug it into an unused 3 pin power connection.

ok Look up XPS 200 on good or something and u tell me where can I put a fan at. There is no space. I need to enhance the speed.

there has to be a spot i never owned a xps 200 i kno my 700 has alot of places to put a fan.. .. have you considered drilling holes for it??

Back
Top Bottom