Rant: Just got my internet back after 2 1/2 days!

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Well first off, I have DSL through Windstream which is a company that bought out Alltel which I had DSL through also. I had a 3rd party ISP to provide my IP address and DNS server and all that. Well the 3rd party ISP sent me a letter saying that they would no longer be offering DSL through Windstream. I knew what was heppening, they were trying to jack up the price on them and they didn't like it....

So anyway, I had to switch my ISP to Windstream which I didn't want to do but I had no other choice because I knew it wouldn't be good based on my other experiences with them. So in December I called and had it switched, called on the 10th and it went through on the 12th and I thought it was all taken care of. The net was still working and my other ISP had cancelled (I assumed) my account.

Last Thursday when I got my laptop the internet had been down the night before and come back that day and I thought everything was okay, I had a feeling that there was a mixup in the connections. So then this past Wednesday it went down again and I thought it would come back on it's own like last time, but it didn't. So I called them yesterday (a couple times) and they kept telling me that I needed to contact my other ISP that I switched from to get it taken care of (I was getting a DNS server error). So I called them back and got a service representative that I could deal with and he helped me out and got me connected to a broadband service rep who attempted to help me out by having me connect my pc straight to my DSL modem and other stuff but that didn't work. So he submitted a trouble ticket and said a service technician would be coming to my house today sometime before 6pm.

He came and was checking things out and it was still coming up on his computer that I was with this other ISP!! That was the problem he said. Among the things he did was give me a new DSL modem since I had an older model from the previous company. He then said he would submit an email for them to clear up the problem and get the mixup figured out. So when I came home from work I found that I had internet! Finally! So just to check I went to my router setup and saw that I had a different IP address and a different DNS server address. It had finally been switched!

I was so relieved that it had been taken care of.........

Thanks for listening......

wow that would have sucked. try satallite internet it is way worse luckily we upgrade to 1.5mb dsl from centurytel

thats what happens with DSL, tons of customers complain about down times, when we have to put in a trouble ticket, i remember trying to tell a customer that we are having problems disconnecting your service from your old house and connecting it to his new location, took the phone company over 3 weeks to get the problem fixed, it was to the point were they had there own little group working on just that number.

lol

but most of the times we try and get it working asap, 2 days off is average, but we also offer free dial up so if your down and really need to get on the internet you can get dial up and running, some are happy at that

thats what happens with DSL, tons of customers complain about down times, when we have to put in a trouble ticket, i remember trying to tell a customer that we are having problems disconnecting your service from your old house and connecting it to his new location, took the phone company over 3 weeks to get the problem fixed, it was to the point were they had there own little group working on just that number.

lol

but most of the times we try and get it working asap, 2 days off is average, but we also offer free dial up so if your down and really need to get on the internet you can get dial up and running, some are happy at that
Well it seems to me that DSL companies need to step up their game a little bit and start offering better customer service. Noone is happy with downtime.

man hughs net isnt up to snuff round here im supposed to dl at 1.5 mbps but right now i only get 150 kbps it kind of pi$$es me off.

Yeah, satellite sucks....no offense.....lol

I have that option too, I have directv, but I will never get it. First of all it's expensive for what you get and second, it goes out if it gets really cloudy and storming or whatever.

yeah but i have that or dial up and i wont go with dial up....it cost like 129 bucks for us but ive been with my contract for 13 months so i think there plans might of gotten cheaper!

Well it seems to me that DSL companies need to step up their game a little bit and start offering better customer service. Noone is happy with downtime.

yea we do try and get back to them asap, but most of the time we have to wait for the phone company to run test on the lines, since we are only the ISP we need to talk to the phone company before we do anything like for someone to get connected we contact ATT, and we only offer service to people with ATT phone service, but most down time i would say is 1.5 days but if you call early enough you might only be down for the day, the long part is when we have to dispatch one of their tech's to look at the customers NID, most time i call its lets say i call on a monday i wont get a dispatch till wed. so thats the bad part

up until about 2 months ago there was NO DSL where i live and we had to have internet so we went with like 700mb satallite it was i think 60 bucks with no tv and no phone.

Back
Top Bottom