should i or shouldnt i? (graphics card question)

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so it seems like DX10 is starting to become mainstream slowly, ill say by the end of this year or close. correct me if im wrong.
so right now, i have an X1950, and its pretty, trying to sell it, but cant really find anybody to sell it to right now. i would like to have a DX10 card, but i dont want one of those cheap crappy ones, i would get the 8600 since its cheaper and has some pretty good specs, not great, but good. i would like to get the 8800, but its out of my price range right now. my x1950 has better specs then the 8600, so in order to have better specs, i have to SLi it to get fairly close/better than the x1950.
so right now, im thinking of getting another x1950 to do crossfire for like another $100, but only supports DX9, so not sure if i should
im about to get a new processor, the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition, for another $100.
to SLi the 8600, it would probably be around $250, which is equivalent to the price of 1 8800, but i could buy a 8600 now, and buy the other another time, as for the 8800, i would have to save up.
right now i have this mobo
http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pro...RODUCT_ID=4755&CATEGORY_TYPE=INFINITY&SITE=US
not sure if it supports SLi, or crossfire, or any.
thanks in advance

Eh, DirectX 10 isn't quite worth it yet. The 8600 is a sad excuse for a gaming card, I wouldn't get that. Your X1950 would rip that card apart.

Save up, and wait until the GeForce 9xxx series come out. Those will be true DirectX 10 cards.

i would like to save up for a good graphics card, but i have trouble saving up, unless i get a bank or something. which i cant unless im 18, so in about 3 months.
so another question, i have 2 pci-e slots, but my mobo doesnt tell me which one i could have, so could i get crossfire or sli? unless if thats just another slot for a graphics card for more monitors.

well look up the motherboard you have to see if you got sli or crossfire!

If you want to buy a DX10 capable card right now, then go for the HD 3850, it tears the 8600s apart for the same price.

Eh, DirectX 10 isn't quite worth it yet. The 8600 is a sad excuse for a gaming card, I wouldn't get that. Your X1950 would rip that card apart.

Save up, and wait until the GeForce 9xxx series come out. Those will be true DirectX 10 cards.

i would agree wait till the 9 series, and check your sig freestyler, i dont know of any 8900GTX graphics cards, if i incorrect im sorry.

but im happy with my card, cost me 100 bucks on newegg, will suit me fine till i get a new 9800GT when they come out,

actually that board isnt sli or crossfire ready. i would just wait around for the 9 series if you want to upgrade, but other than that that card is nasty as is, there's not much you can do even with the 3870 it wouldnt be the most noticeable upgrade....just wait

Back
Top Bottom