Cables came for PS3, they don't work!

joe pic

Fully Optimized
A while back (last week) I made a thread about hooking my PS3 up to my 22" widescreen monitor. Many members agreed on a solution of buying an HDMI-> DVI converter.... that's what I did, and it doesn't work.

Turns out, the monitor doesn't support HDCP, so the picture won't even display.

But, if I now get a DVI->VGA adapter, and hook it up to my monitor via VGA, will it work?

Will it work in HD?

well it still tries to spew out stuff with HDCP so the vga will just kill it and make it not viewable. but yes, it will work in hd.

wait, so what are you saying?

I don't have HDCP. there's no way around that?

Is there ANY other option, ANYTHING I can do to connect my PS3 to my 22" widescreen without HDCP??????????????????????????

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;743454 said:
First I told you it wouldn't work. TV's come with built in scalers to downconvert 1080P signals to 720P.

You could try disabling 1080I/P from the PS3 menu and see if it will run in 720P off your monitor.

yea and what does the scaler have to do with anything lol

yea and what does the scaler have to do with anything lol

Lets see the PS3 wants to display 1080P. The monitor can't except that resolution so it gives a black screen since there is no down converting scaler. Meaning the signal your trying to send is out of range on the monitor.

Now a TV has a built in scaler that automatically downconverts it to the TV's supported resolution. Thus giving you a picture instead of a black screen.

His only option is to force the PS3 to forget it even has 1080I/P and try and run 720P and switch his monitors resolution. In other words if the monitor had a scaler built in he wouldn't have run into the problem. But since it doesn't he has to manually fiddle with settings until it excepts the signal.

Back
Top Bottom