Hows this for $1500 Gaming Computer!

Crysis almost breaks the 2 gig barrier. So 2 gigs is enough for now, but that wont be true for a whole lot longer.
In the lower levels I get up to 2.5gig memory usage average. In the last levels I use 2.5gigs average.
That laptop is amazing BTW. I've never seen a laptop that good. It would even go as far as to say it would perform as well as most high end desktops.

I actually have considered IT Estate before.
There's a warehouse in Strathfield called DD Computers - they're cheaper in many areas but a bit more expensive in others. But they have a great customer service.

www.ddcomputer.com.au

I also recommend going for an Athlon Phenom. $319 can get you a good quad core Athlon.

-Rhys

That laptop is amazing BTW. I've never seen a laptop that good. It would even go as far as to say it would perform as well as most high end desktops.

Yeah it is itll only set you back $3000, and i think it comes under the catagorie desktop replacement.

If you get 4GB you will need a 64 bit OS if I'm not mistaken. Then you have limited drivers etc. Just make sure you do your research on all your parts you want because right now, either way you go, something's gotta give.

Hmm, so that system will definatly need a 64 bit OS? so i should get Vista Home Premium 64 bit? somethings gotta give? im confused...

You don't need 4 gigs of RAM, and I don't believe it will all register in a 32-bit OS, which is what I think he was getting at.
D-Lew,

I didnt think it would, but i have seen 32 Bit- XP Pro Pick up 4 Gigs Of RAM.

I would Get the 8800 GT for $250 over the GTS, IMO the GTS isnt worth the extra cash...

System looks good though!

32 bit OS's can address all 4gigs just not see it, and I disagree about the statement D-Lew made. I have a 64 bit OS and have not had a single driver issue. As long as your hardware isn't 20 years old then there will be no problems.

Back
Top Bottom