Any gym-rats here?

i don't think you quite grasp the dedication involved with going to the gym on a regular basis. It's very easy to skip a day or two and before you know it, you're not going at all anymore. We live in a society that caters to being lazy and promotes obesity so you tell me where the motivation is for a person to start attending the gym regularly. You also have to remember that you are young and, in case you weren't aware of it, the majority of people have families to tend to and careers that require a lot of time to be put in. I already know that when I am out of University and have a job 8 hours a day and 5 days a week it will be especially tough to keep up the habit of working out.
There are 24 hours in a day. A typical 9-5 is 8 hours. 8 hours of sleep makes 16 hours. That's 8 hours left in the day. Given, there's a ton of other stuff you have to do in the day, but you can spend an hour at the gym a few days a week.

There's no excuse, it's just straight up laziness. 90% of the time not being in shape is your own fault.

And don't give me sh*t about dedication. 5 AM practices before school, practicing before and/or after meets, Saturday and Sunday 8 AM practices, all while keeping up a 4.0 GPA? That's up to 30+ hours on a regular week. Ridiculous, but that was my year last year. I took it down some for harder classes this year, it's more like 20 hours a week now.

And don't give me sh*t about dedication. 5 AM practices before school, practicing before and/or after meets, Saturday and Sunday 8 AM practices, all while keeping up a 4.0 GPA? That's up to 30+ hours on a regular week. Ridiculous, but that was my year last year. I took it down some for harder classes this year, it's more like 20 hours a week now.

and you're telling me that doesn't take dedication?

to all of you gym rats, whats a good workout that i can do, as long as you dont say push-ups im okay haha, i weighed like 260 and now im at 245 and i bench press 300 pounds, and thats about all haha whats some good workouts to lose that stomach fat? dont talk shiat about me please im just trying to learn some stuff to help me out

Most people think that doing like 999999 crunches will get you six pack abs, but that's not true. Cardio (running, swimming, etc) is probably even more important. That is what will help you lose the fat on top of the stomach muscle. Doing crunches (and other ab workouts) is good and necessary, but it won't really help lose that fat. It just mostly works the muscle underneath the fat.

Here's a decent article for ab exercises:
http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

Start a diet plan also, if you weigh that much and it's not all muscle you probably need to fix your diet.

yeah haha o yeah and i forgot to mention my height, im 6foot 3, i mean it says im supposed to weigh somewhere between 158 and 216... hmm that means im not really that overweight, my arms chest shoulders and back is solid so yeah but ive never wanted to do situps but whatever imma have to start! hah how do jump up's do? like jumping up onto something around 2 feet high and then jumping down then up, so on so on?

ne ways its not necessary to do crunches thats a misconception in fact most bodybuilders dont do it because it makes your belly pretrud.....you have to be in the 10 percent body fat range to have abs......cardio is a must for a beginner but diet is key.....also try doing circuit training ie bench press to failure followed by bicep curls to failure then followed by squats to failure.....4 sets of that and your heart weight will be up and since you have enough fat to shed it should do you good! btw stay away from machines!!!!build your core up by having to balance weight ie flat bench press it burns more calories...and too think i usual get paid for this lol..........also if you need help with a diet plan i will help you!pm me

Play nice guys. Don't yell at each other. I work and go to school and play rugby, so it can be hard for me to fit in my workout at least 3 times a week. There are people who don't have the time. Personally I have made a lifestyle choice to keep in shape, (or try at least :p), because no one in my family has lived past 68.

My university has a nice gym so its nice not having to pay gym fees. But with a job and school going to the gym simply takes too much time sometimes. So I lofted my bed, and setup a rack of dumbbells underneath it. Whatever I can do in the gym i can do with those dumbbells. So I can workout while catching up on schoolwork and what not.

im not yelling just stating the facts...you only need 20 mins for a good circuit training,not 2 hours or ne thing thats if your short on time.

Back
Top Bottom