new comp is in

Because of your system, I'd say go with XP, it uses less resources so you will get better performance in games.

Question is, should i go with xp or vista? i really dont want to spend a lot and ive got it installed now so im leaning towards xp but i just go the new gpu with dx10 capable. is vista less glitchy now and decent to run?

I am running vista (with SP1 even) and am not having any problems with anything. is that CPU a dual core ?

I'm running vista with the build in my sig.. also a 4000+ x2 AM2+ and im using 2gigs and a x1950pro.. you should be perfectly fine.. My vista runs without any problems.. I get 21 FPS Average on Crysis on high settings and max res..

I am running vista (with SP1 even) and am not having any problems with anything. is that CPU a dual core ?

its a dual, thus far running fine and cool....my gpu is giving me some trouble i think. twice now my comp has frozen on me and my graphics have gotten messed up. one time i was just going to check how COD ran and it froze, couldnt do a think so i did a soft off then rebooted. when i got to the desktop it was on like ultra brightness and stayed until i entered the catalyst control center.

i ran 3dmark06 on stock settings and got around 4500 marks...not that happy :(
i have some ability to OC this machine but it makes me nervous cause i dont want something to burn out or whatnot if its not being very stable stock....ill figure it out

its a dual, thus far running fine and cool....my gpu is giving me some trouble i think. twice now my comp has frozen on me and my graphics have gotten messed up. one time i was just going to check how COD ran and it froze, couldnt do a think so i did a soft off then rebooted. when i got to the desktop it was on like ultra brightness and stayed until i entered the catalyst control center.

i have some ability to OC this machine but it makes me nervous cause i dont want something to burn out or whatnot if its not being very stable stock....ill figure it out

disable indexing and page file

With your setup you should be able to get around 5600 to 6k on 3dmark 06.. I got 5400 with my setup.. your vid card and ram are faster then mine. So there has to be some settings that are incorrect, but I am unsure of this..

Back
Top Bottom