Screen flicker in games

NeciFiX

In Runtime
I just bought an Acer AL2216Wbd monitor, coupled it with a Sapphire Radeon x1600 Pro AGP 8x card and everything is fine except when I go to play games. When I play games, the screen flickers rapidly, I tested this in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne and Fable: The Lost Chapters, and both have the flickering. My question is: Why? I've tried changing the screen size, refresh rate, etc. but to no avail. Is it my GPU or Monitor or what?

Thanks

NeciFiX

I got the newest ATi Drivers and the monitor is on DVI. It's using the default MS drivers because I can't find the drivers specifically for the monitor.

Weird.

I tried OCing my GPU and it screwed up and lost signal, upon restart the image had white blotches and looked destroyed, after editing a few things I fixed it back to its previous state, but, I OCed it just a tiny bit (a few MHz) and that's when the screen flicker in-game occurred. Why can't the GPU overclock?

Reinstall drivers and see if it helps. I know you said you installed them, but just try reinstalling them. I will try and locate the monitor specific drivers for you ,perhaps that will help.

Didn't work. When I OC a little I get screen flicker, when I OC moderately the monitor loses signal. The DVI cable in the back isn't screwed in but it is firmly in, should I screw it in? I may have to flip the monitor over, I doubt the cable being firmly plugged in has to do with it. Reinstalling drivers doesn't work, I turned the fan from the clocked 73% to 80% using ATiTool, could that be it? On the current settings in ATiTool with the fuzzy square I average 185 FPS. I didn't remove my old Radeon 9550 drivers, but, I doubt that's it.

In fact, the thing came UNDERclocked about 90MHz, it's temp is 56C at 499 MHz clock, and it's mem clock is underclocked too, if I OC it even 1 Mhz I get screen flicker, if I do it like 40 MHz the signal just dies. What the heck!?

Back
Top Bottom