4 monitors 2 8800GTX's

Take off the SLI bridge and it will work. Coming for personal experience. I have 2x 7600GT's, non-SLI and 3 Acer AL1916W's. It's a really wide desktop, not several screens with the same thing. To set it up you have to go to Display Properties under the Settings tab and change it around. This can't be done in SLI to my knowledge. With those cards you don't need SLI. :rolleyes:

You can setup up to I think like 15 monitors per PC I think is the limit for Windows. It will probably drastically slow with all those monitors and having to use PCI GFX cards or something, but 4 monitors is more realistic and can be done with your cards.

Not to hijack, but what about two monitors, of differing size, on the same video card.

I am getting an 8800gt 512 soon, along with a 22" widescreen to go along with my current 19" flat panel. Could I concievably have a game playing on the 22" and then have windows desktop or some other thing on the 19"?

Not to hijack, but what about two monitors, of differing size, on the same video card.

I am getting an 8800gt 512 soon, along with a 22" widescreen to go along with my current 19" flat panel. Could I concievably have a game playing on the 22" and then have windows desktop or some other thing on the 19"?

Yes you could. I would hate having different sized monitors on the same system, but you can do it.

You would have to run the game in window mode.

You would have to run the game in window mode.

You don't have to unless you don't want to minimize the game to do something on that monitor. You can still see what is on the monitor unless you are running the game at a lower resolution. I usually have iTunes open on one of my other monitors while playing a game so I can see what's playing. If I want to do something on the desktop I just hit the Windows key on the keyboard and it minimizes the game.

Back
Top Bottom