Dual Monitors Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

freestyler105

Golden Master
I've seen a few threads about this lately, so I figured I'd whip up a quick step by step tutorial to setting up dual monitors.

Dual monitors are a great way to increase productivity. It makes things a lot easier, ask anyone who's ever used a dual monitor setup. Once you go dual monitors, you'll never want to go back.

First, you need to have hardware that can support dual monitors. Obviously, you need at least 2 monitors, but you need the right graphics card. There are 2 ways to do this.
1) A single graphics card with 2 ports. You hook up one monitor to each port.
faqvideocard.gif

2) 2 graphics cards with at least 1 port each. Note that if you're using dual monitors, you cannot use SLI/Crossfire. So 2 of something like this:
30474.jpg

After you've installed the video card(s), you need to set it up in the operating system. I'm going to cover Windows XP here.
1) Right click the desktop, and choose properties
rightclickhb5.jpg

2) Go to the Settings tab
propertieszg6.jpg

3) Click the secondary monitor, and check the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" box
checkpn3.jpg

4)And finally, hit okay. It should be setup correctly now.

Thanks...it just seems like we've had a ton of thread lately related to this, so maybe it can clear up some questions.

yep i made a thread on this lol. this doesnt solve my prob tho. ill bump my thread when i get to it :)

got a guide on quad monitors and dual graphics like say you have 2x 8800GTX's and there sli linked together and you have quad monitors how do you make it one huge screen??? just a question i had!!! lol

got a guide on quad monitors and dual graphics like say you have 2x 8800GTX's and there sli linked together and you have quad monitors how do you make it one huge screen??? just a question i had!!! lol

i think u need like a multiplexor for that, or maybe theres some software out there that will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom