Any gym-rats here?

I er...I have a membership, but I've only been once...
I seem to get enough of a work out at work haha, always lifting, walking about, running about
Yeah, they recommend working at Costco instead of working out now. I saw it on the news. :p

Whey protein can be bought at places like GNC, and you add it to your favorite drink, (either milk or water for me), and it contains very high concentrations of protein. Making it an ideal way to get an extra 'kick' of protein into your daily diet.

doesnt the body have a limit to the amount of protien it can use and the excess just gets excreted in the form of urea. so would a normal amount of protien say from a good meat bassed diet be substanial for the average to hard workout?

Without cardio, the workout is useless.

Whey just has a very high protein concentration in it. It's the same "protein" as any other food/drink.

not true the diet is the key! cardio isn't shyt ( its another means to the ultimete goal)if you expend more calories then you consume you will get ripped but u have to eat quality food and be super strict on your diet.

whey protein is found in milk (quick release protein Best to have 30 Min's prior to training and 30 Min's after training) its bcaa are different then the stuff we get from meats eggs and such they also have casein (also from milk its a slow release protein)and soy protein.

If you do enough cardio, diet doesn't mean anything. (well, as long as you're getting all the nutrients you need)
2 hours of hard swimming a day does that. You just can't get fat, it's not possible.

But in your case, you don't expend as many calories, so diet plays a much bigger role.

Personally, I think diets are a load of crap. If people got off their lazy asses and exercised daily, they wouldn't have to worry so much about counting calories and such as long as their not eating a ridiculous amount.

not true dude...if you weight train with heavy weights it boost ure metabolic rate for up to 72 hours after the workout....so you can do low intensity cardio (walking on the treadmill for 20-30 Min's) or the hit cardio high intensity you would like do sprints for a min then walk for a min and cont doing that until you got to 20-30 Min's.

diet is 90 percent of what ure body will look like ask ne one!!without proper rest and diet idc how much cardio you do you will still look like shyt!

now because its just after the holidays I'm trying to look good so I'm doing the above b4 that i ran at least 5-15 miles a day(depended on how my body felt) weight trained for 1 1/2 hours high intensity and trained my boxing for over 2 hours a day! did i look good ??i looked a little better but not like when i dieted properly and such!!diet is a mind game hell i would rather workout for 15 hours a day then diet!!ppl who can't diet are weak willed!

training is easy diet is hard!

We have a fast food restaurant called Mighty Taco by us. It's sorta like Taco Bell, but a lot fattier. There is more fat in Mighty than in McDonald's. I got their Mighty Pack (like a family pack, 6 medium size tacos) today, and ate the entire thing after our practice and meet today. I won't gain anything. Given, I won't be able to do that in 20 or even 10 years, but still.

Now most people don't do that. As long as you eat like a normal person (do you really need that dessert?) and work out regularly you don't have to worry about your weight too much.

swimmers will never get big ne ways fat or muscle wise....simple fact ure excert ure self too hard for too long...like marathon runners lol......if you work out at two fast of a pace for too long your body will break down ure own muscle to use as fuel seeing as the bcaas are already broken down and is in the form your body needs for energy!!! dude thats not much at all lol...during the holiday season i was eating chinease food + miky d's at same time i probably cosumed upwards of 10,000 caliories a day.

i had to cut milkshakes and my energydrinks out no fear is like the best thing ever invited i would drink between 6 and 8 a day it was starting to cost alot plus each can is 260 calories.

now i only eat 7 meals a day but small ones i dropped 10 pounds in a week so far!

We have a fast food restaurant called Mighty Taco by us. It's sorta like Taco Bell, but a lot fattier. There is more fat in Mighty than in McDonald's. I got their Mighty Pack (like a family pack, 6 medium size tacos) today, and ate the entire thing after our practice and meet today. I won't gain anything. Given, I won't be able to do that in 20 or even 10 years, but still.

Now most people don't do that. As long as you eat like a normal person (do you really need that dessert?) and work out regularly you don't have to worry about your weight too much.

i don't think you quite grasp the dedication involved with going to the gym on a regular basis. It's very easy to skip a day or two and before you know it, you're not going at all anymore. We live in a society that caters to being lazy and promotes obesity so you tell me where the motivation is for a person to start attending the gym regularly. You also have to remember that you are young and, in case you weren't aware of it, the majority of people have families to tend to and careers that require a lot of time to be put in. I already know that when I am out of University and have a job 8 hours a day and 5 days a week it will be especially tough to keep up the habit of working out.

i think diet is key starting young.....the older you get the slower ure motabolism ecomes also when we get older life takes over and we wont have time to train for 5 hours a day lol so if your eating the same way you will become fat like most americans!!! alot of x high school football stars get fat because they go from doing major amounts of cardio and lifting weights to nothing at all!!

Back
Top Bottom