Is 1.3MBps Enough?

Yeah, it should be good enough, but you might experience some lag. I get just a little bit of lag with 3 MBps on World of Warcraft, but thats because the server I play on has a slower connection. I think you should be fine, just be prepared for some low pings in crowded games and stuff like that.

It's actually Mbps, not MBps. There is a difference, but usually people know what you are talking about. I get 1.5Mbps or so and my brother plays COD2/COD4 online all the time with minimal lag.

yeah thats my rate too. u should be fine. unless you want to spend more for faster speeds. which could help. especially if ur a downloader :D

Hmm, ok. ty. I already play guild wars and stuff like that, but was wondering if an xbox 360 would be any different

Yeah, it should be good enough, but you might experience some lag. I get just a little bit of lag with 3 MBps on World of Warcraft, but thats because the server I play on has a slower connection. I think you should be fine, just be prepared for some low pings in crowded games and stuff like that.
I played World of Warcraft virtually lag-free on dial-up for a few months.

It's actually Mbps, not MBps. There is a difference, but usually people know what you are talking about. I get 1.5Mbps or so and my brother plays COD2/COD4 online all the time with minimal lag.
Yep, huge difference. Mbps is megabits, MBps is megabytes. There are 8 megabits in a megabyte.

Yep, huge difference. Mbps is megabits, MBps is megabytes. There are 8 megabits in a megabyte.

interesting, i mean i work for a DSL ISP, and i never really notice how people right it, and to be honest im not sure how i say it, i would think i say up to 1.5 megabits but its just one of those things you do unconsciously

anywas, you people who play WoW have you ever heard of someone getting disconnected and everything showing up as Unknown, plus when i get disconnected my whole internet goes out, and i have to manually power cycle my modem and router. ill be making a thread about this soon unless i figure out whats going one, it will be titled "Wireless connection issues"

Back
Top Bottom