Macbook Air

Macs are nice for their sleek looks, portability, and speed. They boot up extremely fast which is nice when you just want to check something online real quick and don't want to wait a minute for your computer to turn on.

Ok, I see what you guys are saying. Portability.

One downside of portability that the OP mentioned. If it drops, more than likely it breaks. Almost all lappys have that downside, but this one probably even more so.

Ok, I see what you guys are saying. Portability.

One downside of portability that the OP mentioned. If it drops, more than likely it breaks. Almost all lappys have that downside, but this one probably even more so.

lol well its made of aluminum, and it wont crack, except for the screen. and the hard drive wont break if you get the 64gb SSD option for anoth 1300 bucks

Like I said earlier, this will be for a very specific niche market.

Aluminum can be both a pro and a con. On one hand you drop it and it dents. On the other hand, the aluminum pads the drop preventing any components from being damaged.

Interesting Magsafe though. Wonder if I could buy it.

Pwned:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile...eils_World_s_Thinnest_Macintosh_Notebook.html

To sum it up:
-No replaceable battery (Your laptop is going to die in a year or so.)
-5 hour battery life
-No spill proof keyboard (think about it, no matter how careful you are, eventually you're going to spill something on it. Especially with something as portable as this.)
-It's not the lightest laptop, and it's barely the thinnest.
-Tiny hard drive by today's standards.

Pwned:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile...eils_World_s_Thinnest_Macintosh_Notebook.html

To sum it up:
-No replaceable battery (Your laptop is going to die in a year or so.)
-5 hour battery life
-No spill proof keyboard (think about it, no matter how careful you are, eventually you're going to spill something on it. Especially with something as portable as this.)
-It's not the lightest laptop, and it's barely the thinnest.
-Tiny hard drive by today's standards.

are you stupid? apple is making replaceable batteries available for sale for 129 dollars

I still think that's an bad price to pay. That and the downtime you have to face to send it in.

Back
Top Bottom