Macbook Air

Probably not much faster then a PSP.

I bet it's got like an 800 MHz offbrand CPU, and 512MB ram, probably a 16 or 32 GB SSD.

Looks thin which is a plus, but I smell overheat.

core 2 duo 1.6/1.8ghz, 80gb 1.8 inch hard drive or 64gb solid state drive , 2 gigs of ram

yeah Juice IDK where you pulled that outta.

BUt, I don't really like the external cd drive.

Ok, I have a question.

Why are Macs so friggin expensive? Sure, there are things PCs can't do that Mac does, and vice versa, but damn, why spend 1700 on a lappy that only has a 13 inch screen, a 1.8 GHz dual core processor, 2 gig memory, and who knows what else. You can make a super-awesome gaming computer with that kind of money. You can also get a company like IBuyPower to build you a kick ass lap top for that, too.

Ok, I have a question.

Why are Macs so friggin expensive? Sure, there are things PCs can't do that Mac does, and vice versa, but damn, why spend 1700 on a lappy that only has a 13 inch screen, a 1.8 GHz dual core processor, 2 gig memory, and who knows what else. You can make a super-awesome gaming computer with that kind of money. You can also get a company like IBuyPower to build you a kick ass lap top for that, too.

They're targeting an audience that doesn't need the best performance. This target audience is willing to sacrifice speed for portability - and it isn't just Macs. Check out the Sony portables in this category.

Though, I don't think this will be a major success.

You can get a better lappy for 600 bucks. Only difference is the fact that its not paper thin, and its Windows.

I do see a point, really thin and it does have a lot of s**t in it for something that small, but I don't think its worth the full 1700. Still, I know people will buy it, and I'm not going to complain.

On a side note- I can't use a Mac. If I had an hour or 2 to work things out, I can do it, but not right off the bat.

Like I said, this is targeting a niche audience. They're willing to sacrifice power for portability.

Do a Google for ultra-portables.

Back
Top Bottom