My Network keeps disconnecting or something...

superman22x

Golden Master
So basically, my wireless internet is really wierd. First off, my internet is unlike anything you all have. I have sprint broadband, and it comes in through a phone card, usb modem. Like internet through a tethered phone. It does not come in through an ethernet cable or anything. So my computer sees it as a spereate LAN or high speed connection in the connection manager thingy. So then, I plugged my offbrand wireless router into the lan port on my computer. And set my Sprint connection to be shared. That way, things should detect my router, and my router should be sending out my internet for wireless. It works, not like a normal network, but it works... sometimes. When I first restart my computer, my psp can pick it up and connect. But if I leave my computer on for a while, and then try and use my psp online, it can connect to the router and get an IP address, but it cannot contact the DNS server if I try and load a webpage. And my wireless adapter and program on my parents computer says: Connected to Router, until I restart both computers, then it will say, connected to the internet. So basically, my computer puts the internet out through my router... sometimes. Any ideas why this might be? Thanks!!

do you know if there is a time out on your internet, like MilwaukeePC DSL has a time out and after so long of just being on the internet or being inactive it will atomatically disconnect you

Back
Top Bottom