New comp stopped working after new HD

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I installed a new SATA HD in my comp and everyhing was going fine until I installed SeaTools(seagate HD) and restarted there is no more picture( no bios screen) anymore. This is a coincidence and I have reseated the RAM GPU and reconnected connection but I can' get it to work. The computer tech where my dad works said it's probably a short in the hardware connections somewhere. Any ideas and is there any way to check for shorts other than checking wires and for loose screws?

the comp doesnt even boot...no screen at all...just searches for signal(LCD) and no bios screen just blank screen so i cant do that.

already did that...it was the first thing i did it happened a couple weeks ago after everything was running fine...the SATA is in this computer I'm on right now however and is working just fine.

With the SATA drive removed you still don't pass POST? No bios access at all?

Reset the cmos, see if that helps.

It is weird that it doesn't boot, what did you do with Seagate tools? anything? or was it just the install?

idk after the install it stopped working...it prompted me to restart I did and no boot after that no bios accss and i reset the as well...this guy said it was a short because I have reset the cmos removed 1 stick of RAM, reset the RAM vid card and all connections...still not working so it's something that has to be diagnosed

No beeps?

Sounds like the board may have gone out on you :(

I would suggest stripping it right down, reassembling it out of the case (on a non conductive surface, m/board box is good) and rebuilding just the basics, start with no ram or anything just the cpu (you'll need a case speaker hooked up to the board if there isn't a built in one) and power on, you should get a "no ram" beep code, if you do add parts one at a time until you identify the faulty part, if you get no beeps at all it's not looking good for the board.

but the board is brand new n i would be pissed also what do the lights on the mobo mean 2 Red and 1 Green? Also i dont think it has a case fan it is the antec 900 and I haven't heard any beeps even for the week I was trying to get it up and had problems...when I got it running on christmas it worked for about 1 week and then it crapped out so IDK.

Back
Top Bottom