Cooling Fans. OVERHEATED COMPUTER SHUTS OFF!!

Do you know how hot your CPU and motherboard are? Just to make sure that's the problem. You can check it out in the bios under hardware monitor. Why don't you have at least 1 case fan? and is the cpu the stock cpu fan?

not to but in or so, but how much better would it be to get a newer fan for the CPU instead of the stock one, because im going to be OCing my quad as soon as i get my motherboard.

and it would be much easier to just go out and buy another case fan, most of them are 80mm

or get a differ CPU fan like im thinking about

CG:
Intel's cpu fan isnt going to cut it when OC'n a quad, def get an aftermarket one.

From what i've been told Zalman makes nice one 9xxx sieries.

fix101:
download Coretemp

and let us know your temps.

also are u getting Blue screens?
and are there any beep eroors?

This computer only has 2 Fans Which 1 is attached on the power supply and one on the CPU.
Do you have positions in your case to add fans? at least one intake at the front and one if not two exhausts at the rear.

What case do you have?

Can you post a picture of the inside of it?

How is your cable management? (and therefore airflow)

not to but in or so, but how much better would it be to get a newer fan for the CPU instead of the stock one, because im going to be OCing my quad as soon as i get my motherboard.
You would make 3.0GHz or there abouts with reasonable temps with a stock cooler (depending on your ambient air temps) to try any further than that with the stock cooler would be "risky"

After market coolers that work well with the Q6600 are Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (large) Tuniq Tower 120 (large) Thermalright IFX-14 (massive) Zalman 9700NT (medium)

The Zalman is probably the easiest to fit, all will require the removal of the m/board from the case to fit the back plate.

download Coretemp
Does he have a Core processor?? I haven't seen his system specs anywhere.

CoreTemp only works with core architecture processors

@ OP, download a program such as PC Wizard 2008 to view your temps with out entering the BIOS. You could also try cleaning all the dust out of your case, this can solve a lot of problems.
@ CGf. I would add the OCZ Vindicator(120mm fan) to A True Folder's list, I have it's little brother, the Vendetta and my temps are 45c max.

wait nvm.... if the computer is overheating and shutting off Can I control the speed of the fan? bc the fan speed inside isnt going fast. This fan is attached to the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom