Why is the PS3 ripped on so much?

It's called setting and environment. The story of Gears is that the planet of Sera is in dark times fighting against the Locust. If they wanted bright colors they could've just named it Hello Kitty of War. :rolleyes:
That is true, it goes with the setting.

I never knew gears wasnt supposed to be on Earth. The story is almost non-existent in that game... But it's still fun.

No...there is a story. It's on a planet called Sera. In the past the people of Sera fought over this power source called Immulsion and the planet was at war. Then out of nowhere the Locust come out and within a few hours, billions die. So the rest of humanity group up to fight the Locust.

Not exactly a precise version of the story, but just a quick summary. I'm sure you'll know the rest from the game.

I'm not too far in teh game yet. Invading that big mansion, but I didnt know much of that. All I knew, was the locust needed more land, and were invading ours, and we fought by destroying what we had, so they couldnt take it or something.

Yeah, basically the humans utilized the "scorched earth" policy where they burn and destroy everything that the enemy would deem useful as they retreated.

A great modern example of this would be during World War II when the Soviets employed the same tactic as the Germans advanced through the Eastern front.

Back
Top Bottom