Computer Upgrade

schultzy

In Runtime
hey hey,
im finally upgrading my computer!
im only a student so i cant afford much, and i found a special, which was an AMD Athlon 64 X2 and an ECS Geforce6100 SM-M Mother Board for $150 i can get it for
160Gb Hitachi Hard Drive SATA2 is for about $86
and a 2Gb DDR800 Ram Stick for $50
Cheap, and i wanna kno wat u think of the equipment

ps i aint getting a graphics card right away, but i want to kno wat are the best but cheap graphics cards out there,
thanks,
schultzy

sounds good to me,

as far as graphics cards go, i need a bit more info... what do you want to spend? what games do you play? what res. do you play? do you excpect extreme graphics, or just want to play the game?

ok, cool
um not sure about the price i wanna spend throw some at me lol im not worried at extreme graphics, just as long as im able to play games without lag, and alrite quality, atleast crysis without lag

XFX 8600GT XXX can play crysis w/o lag, i have one, its not too bad, but dont expect too much out of it either...

i don't know about getting a single stick of 1 GB of ram though....i think you will get better performance out of two sticks of 512MB running in dual channel.

and i think a 7600GT is pretty cheap for a pci-e card.

i don't know about getting a single stick of 1 GB of ram though....i think you will get better performance out of two sticks of 512MB running in dual channel.

and i think a 7600GT is pretty cheap for a pci-e card.
He is getting a single 2gb stick. Shouldnt be a huge difference between it and dual channel. And it allows a lot of room for ups.

If you can spend the little extra on an 8600gts, it would be worth it I think.

You could also try the ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, it's about the same price as the 8600GT, I think.

Back
Top Bottom