Blue Screen Of Death When Playing Games

My Computer Specs are:

ASUS P5L-VM 1394
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz
Kingston 2GB
Geforce 8500GT
160GB Hard Drive.

If someone could please help me out, that would be great.
Thanks
xxguit3rxx
Lets just recap here a little, this is getting messy, lol

Could you identify the memory sticks and latencies - e.g. Kingston KVR (or KHX) DDR26400 LL/2GB @ 2.5-3-3-7 (you can find this information using CPU-z, Everest etc)

Nvidia driver release number? - e.g. 169.21 WHQL

What are your system temperatures? e.g. m/board, cpu, gpu

You state the blue screen happens with either stick of ram, which slot are you using this stick in? A1? e.g. the slot closest to the cpu?

Summary,

blue screens with all nvidia drivers
blue screens with either stick of ram

Waiting for results of memtest86+ run to confirm ram is or is not faulty.

Ok, I do not have a floppy drive so would that effect the memtest? And as well, my kingston ram was acting up on me, when I am loading windows, the windows logo starts dark, then it slowly gets brighter, and this is only with the 1GB Kingston ram in, also before i posted on these forums, i made an appointment with a technician at my local computer store. I will be going there tomorrow.
I will post back with what the problem was, (if they find it). And about the ram, i was using slot 1 and 2, so i am guessing: A1 & A2. But i chaged it to A3 & A4, just to see if that would make a difference, unfortunately it did not help.

Also my computer will be unplugged and put aside until it is looked at and fixed, I am currently on a different computer, so i cannot do any memtest, cpu-z etc...

I know there are some issues with dual-core processors in conjuction with a recent video card and a game... particularly with a 7600gt (though I know you don't have that). Google it, I never found a solution but I found plenty of problems :p

-Rhys

Ya, I have the 8500G. And I have a Core 2 Duo, is that the same as Dual Core? I know they are different category, but as you said, "there are some issues with dual-core processors in conjunction with a recent video card and a game".

Anyways, i am going today, so ill let you guys know what was wrong when i get back.

In the end, it just turned out to be an over heating problem with the CPU. This was caused because the fan on the processor and a problem getting in place, ist all fixed.

Thanks For your help!
xxguit3rxx

Back
Top Bottom