Compare these Video Cards, please

That's good. My brother has an 8600GT and it runs Crysis (for instance) on all max graphics (except AA) at a fairly smooth rate. That was a good enough example of how good the GTS will be, considering it's faster as you said.

I HAD an 8800GT, it was super, but also pci-e 2.0 and I can't find any 8800's that aren't 2.0.

-Rhys

That's good. My brother has an 8600GT and it runs Crysis (for instance) on all max graphics (except AA) at a fairly smooth rate. That was a good enough example of how good the GTS will be, considering it's faster as you said.

I HAD an 8800GT, it was super, but also pci-e 2.0 and I can't find any 8800's that aren't 2.0.

-Rhys

You know you can run a PCI-E 2.0 card in a a standard PCI-E slot?

They're all PCI-E 2.0. 'Fraid it's already ordered.

By the way, why are there some 8600GT's half the price of the GTS? Isn't the GTS supposed to be worse?

-Rhys

PCI-E 2.0 is Backward computable with 1.0 it will work just fine.

no the 8600 GTS is faster the the 8600 GT
well yea the ati 3850 is better but its not really worth it(put a bit more cash for a 8800GT)
but since you orederd it,
anyway the 8600 GTS is a pretty good card. i personally have 2 of them on my other rig and works fine

There is a $100 Difference between the 3850 and the 8800GT!

The Price difference between the 8600GTS and 3850 is minimal
the Performance difference between the 8600GTS and the 3850 is NOT

I remeber another of Rhys's thread's where he had the 8800GT and a problem with his mobo that a lot of other people were having where it wouldn't work with PCI-E 2.0 cards.
Is this still the case with your Gigabyte Rhys, or have I just got it all completely wrong and you're not the person with the mobo that won't work with PCI-E 2.0?

Back
Top Bottom