Federal Employees Don't Know...

Szat

Daemon Poster
Today I went into work at my usual time of 8am. When I got there my boss told me work was delayed until noon because of the snowstorm. So I took this time off to go down to one of the post offices in my town to get my passport renewed for my trip to Europe this summer. I had to make out two checks, one to the U.S. Post Master and one to the U.S. State Department. The mailwoman said I wouldn't get a receipt for the State Department check and it would come back as a canceled check. Not understanding why it would come back that way I asked her why. This is what she said to me, "Because the State Department is separate from the Government". Now for one, this didn't answer my question and secondly, since when is the State Department not part of the U.S. government? Instead of correcting her I decided to just leave, because I didn't feel like dealing with stupidity this early in the morning.

there are so many regulations, rules, and policies within the gov that im suprised that the gov. can even run the way it does

haha, yeah I know; but once they hit a snag they just make up some new rule or regulation to bypass their problem! I'm just saying how stupid can you be not knowing that the State Department is part of the government? For one, she is a federal employee, two, she had to be in her thirties you would think she would know by now, three, I was giving her my passport info which obviously needs to go to a government agency and she's probably done hundreds of these, four, it's called the freaking State Department!

not exactly sure that i agree with that statement mark... sorry

but its really not THAT bad, i mean ya there are tons of gov. workers/ ordinary citizens that really dont understand the way our gov. runs, which i find rather disturbing. ask any US citizen and i guarentee they couldnt give you all of their rights as a citizen, thats just sad... that should be a high priority in school to learn about your country, but its pushed to the bottom

the gov. has tons of policies as you said, and a word of advice, dont think outside the box as a federal employee, my dad works for the V.A. after being in the air force for over a decade, and he obviously thinks on his own, and a little outside the box with better ideas of how to run things, but they dont seem to like that, a lot of federal employee's (and im not meaning you by any stretch of the imagination) just seem to be mindless, and all they do is work work work without thinking of better ways to do things... but that just seems to be how the U.S. gov. runs sometimes

shambolic doesnt do it justice, our government has really, totally screwed up the country - its going to take a complete change in government and a lot of change to get it better - but hey, since when do polititans care right? :rolleyes:

the UK is THAT bad? wow... i never knew that, i realized you guys had a major issue with imigration, what other stuff are you guys facing over there?

the UK is THAT bad? wow... i never knew that, i realized you guys had a major issue with imigration, what other stuff are you guys facing over there?

worseing national health service, corrupt polititans who illegally fund their leadership campaigns, countless data losses, political correctnes is just getting out of control, they're banning anything they can they tax anything they can and they spent £15 billion on a train for London where they could have replaced the comm's network to fibre optic accross the UK for an estimated £12 billion instead (industry estimate).... its a sham! :mad:

wow that is bad... thats a lot of infastructural problems, any hope to getting a politician to fix it all?

Back
Top Bottom