Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a word to say messing around with computers doesn't pay. I messed up my boot loader deleting Vista, and if it wasn't for Celegorm Id be tearing my hair out know, he told me how to fix it in 5mins. I had a nightmare getting rid of the boot loader in Vista after a complete install, so for those of you who install it then want to get rid of it be prepared for some headaches.

Glad I helped. Thankfully that process to fix it is the same as long as it's XP you are keeping.

Glad I helped. Thankfully that process to fix it is the same as long as it's XP you are keeping.

I didn't have xp on that drive mate, I did the complete install and wiped the drive first, lucky I had XP on the other drive, having said that I ghosted xp back to that drive in an attempt to clear all VISTA files but I hadn't counted on the boot loader still being left behind, so what your saying is for those people that buy a PC with Vista as the original OS then it very hard to remove the boot,loader, wont Boot fix and fixmbr work then, I know I had trouble getting the XP disc to fire up, the only way was to set CD to first boot.

How's everyone doing today? Man it feels like I haven't been around in awhile.

My past two weeks have been....interesting, to sum it up. I have thrown a new years party, nearly blew my friends truck up in a freak new years firework accident, was shot in the chest by a rouge bottlerocket (Karma kicking my a** for the truck thing I suppose:p) I also have gotten to know a girl who would look like my twin if I had one, I also attempted to take things to the next level with said girl's best friend and phailed (In hindsight I was seriously sticking a fork in the toaster with the whole situation) and I also have fallen in love with a new sport Pasture Sledding:D

Only regret is the whole girl situation...heh I keep falling on my a** when it comes to women:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom