something cool i did...

an0nym0us1

In Runtime
leopard01.jpg

leopard02.jpg

leopard03.jpg

leopard04.jpg

booted just fine and installed perfectly from the ToH distribution. upon patching with the script after initial install it booted fine into leopard and even started picking up wireless connections/connected.

just thought i'd share with you guys.
3 problems though...
a) no sound, maybe need to track down a hacked driver.
b) glitchy icons, don't know why
c) recognizes my cpu as a core solo

any solutions would be super helpful. thanks in advance.

hardware config:
Inspiron 640M 14.1" 1280x800
Core Duo T2350 cpu 1.86/2m/533
2gb RAM
intel GMA 950 graphics
intel 945GM chipset
120gb HDD (25gb for leopard)
dell 1390 minicard wireless nic (broadcom chipset)

What is leopard, Mac OS or something, sorry but I don't quite understand what it is you installed. the desktop looks cool

I tried doing this a million times on my current pc, but I didn't get anywhere...I guess because of my HDD and processor

I have seen this before, it is a community-built hack that allows Mac OSX to run on conventional PC hardware as opposed to Apple proprietary systems, although I believe the latest versions of Mac OSX are starting to include checks to check for a certain type of Apple chipset before they will boot.

Good job, I have never seen Leopard running on a PC before. Tiger yes, but Leopard no.

LOL, that's funny. I wouldn't use that as my main operating system though, with all the problems you're having.

Better hope Steve doesn't look through these forums. Haha.

It's not illegal as long as you use your own copy of leopard, and personally patch it yourself.

I tried it back with OSX, and it worked fine but I couldn't get my NIC to work so I gave up. I had it installed on an external HD and brought it around to my computer lab and showed my professors. It was pretty cool, but useless beyond the sense of being a novelty item.

Back
Top Bottom