i am a lucky owner of a.....

Video.

Change the PSU voltage switch while it's running. Then go plug it into 230V AC direct. Winner.

Actually, it's not useless. Maybe not a whole bunch you can do with it, but you can do word processing with an older version office suite like office 97. Just because you can't run the latest software on it doesn't make it worthless. Maybe you can give it to someone who don't have any money, but does a lot of typing, or is tolerant enough of the slowness for other things. Or a system for someone to learn the basics on before getting them an upgraded one. They screw up the P1, no loss, screw up the dual core system, you just lost $1000 or so (yes, new PC users do manage to easily screw up stuff for no obvious reason at all, so don't put it past them). I can put a old P1 on craisglist for free and all kinds of people will come out of nowhere with in the first 30 minutes asking for it for their kids first system, for a school, because they need a system, but can't afford anything, the list goes on.

But it may be no more than a brick to you...

Win95 should run good on that though. Because I only had 32MB and that thing was FLY back in the day.

Just keep it. If you're going to destroy it, give it to someone who has some use for it.

i have worse than that, i have 2 computers that have 4 8mb ram sticks so 32mb's of ram, 2gb hdd cheap cdrom, 150watt psu and some weird slotted network card for phone cords haha

Actually, it's not useless. Maybe not a whole bunch you can do with it, but you can do word processing with an older version office suite like office 97. Just because you can't run the latest software on it doesn't make it worthless. Maybe you can give it to someone who don't have any money, but does a lot of typing, or is tolerant enough of the slowness for other things. Or a system for someone to learn the basics on before getting them an upgraded one. They screw up the P1, no loss, screw up the dual core system, you just lost $1000 or so (yes, new PC users do manage to easily screw up stuff for no obvious reason at all, so don't put it past them). I can put a old P1 on craisglist for free and all kinds of people will come out of nowhere with in the first 30 minutes asking for it for their kids first system, for a school, because they need a system, but can't afford anything, the list goes on.

But it may be no more than a brick to you...
Great post.

Back
Top Bottom