Any gym-rats here?

Yes, creatine just retains water, thus making you look bigger, resulting in you getting your ass handed to you.

Here's what I do: sets x reps
Upper day-
Warm up - 5 min on the eliptical
Bench Press - 4x8
Bent Over Rows - 4x8
Incline Bench - 4x8
Shoulder Shrugs - 4x8
Military Press - 4x8
Bicep Curls - 4x8
Overhead Tricep Press - 4x8
Lateral Raise - 3x8
Pec Deck Machine - 3x8
Lat Pull Machine - 4x8
Seated Row Machine - 4x8
Upright Rows on the cable crossover - 4x8

Leg Day:
Warm up - 5 min on the bike
Squats - 4x8
Calf Raise - 5x8
Leg Press - 4x8
Hamstring Curls - 4x8
Leg Extensions - 3x8
Deadlift - 4x8
Abs - 100 crunches

It's just the typical upper/lower split. Over the whole summer I was on a push/pull 4 day split and I was getting okay results with that. I just decided to go back on the upper/lower to change things up.

Pretty impressive. I usually split my workout by front and back, and do legs everyday. I'm trying to get in shape for rugby, and massive legs make the difference between a good flanker and a great one.

My routine usually goes:

Front:

Bicep Curls 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Flies 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x8
Tricep Pulldowns 3x8
Pull Ups 3 sets of lift to failure
Squat 3x8
Calf Raises 3x8

Back:
Lat Pull down 3x8
Shrugs 3x6
Arnold press 3x8
Sit down row 3x20
Then i got my squats, calf raises and what not. I usually take it easy on back days. Along with 2 more exercises I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the name of ;-)

Pretty impressive. I usually split my workout by front and back, and do legs everyday. I'm trying to get in shape for rugby, and massive legs make the difference between a good flanker and a great one.

My routine usually goes:

Front:

Bicep Curls 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Flies 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x8
Tricep Pulldowns 3x8
Squat 3x8
Calf Raises 3x8

Back:
Lat Pull down 3x8
Shrugs 3x6
Arnold press 3x8
Sit down row 3x20
Then i got my squats, calf raises and what not. I usually take it easy on back days. Along with 2 more exercises I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the name of ;-)
How is the Arnold press? I hear it hits all the deltoid heads.

You really shouldn't do legs everyday, thats not good for the muscles. You need to give your muscles time to rebuild before you work them again. And make sure you are eating enough and you will grow and get stronger.

i figured whats the point of taking supplements its like steriods, lol

but what everys up to you, ill still kill people in football/rugby

anyways i used to go everyday after my work for 1.5 hours and one day i would do cardio and the next i would do weights,

if you know me and looked at me you would be like how the hell do you do 1.5 hours of cardio its funny but im good.

How is the Arnold press? I hear it hits all the deltoid heads.

You really shouldn't do legs everyday, thats not good for the muscles. You need to give your muscles time to rebuild before you work them again. And make sure you are eating enough and you will grow and get stronger.

Arnold Press is killer; really takes a lot out of you. I feel like its one of the most important shoulder exercises. While true you should never workout a muscle everyday, legs you can get away with. I go monday-thursday to the gym and take a long weekend. I've been getting away with doing legs everyday so far, they recover much faster then my other muscles. I notice the sorness is usually gone midway through the next day.

My routine usually goes:

Front:

Bicep Curls 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Flies 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x8
Tricep Pulldowns 3x8
Squat 3x8
Calf Raises 3x8

Back:
Lat Pull down 3x8
Shrugs 3x6
Arnold press 3x8
Sit down row 3x20

just read this and notice you talked about rugby, what kind of team do you play for

pro, high school that kind of thing, and how long you been playing

just read this and notice you talked about rugby, what kind of team do you play for

pro, high school that kind of thing, and how long you been playing

College right now. Been playing for about 3 years. I'm fighting for a starting spot, and things are looking pretty good for me so I'm psyched. If all goes well i'll be wearing the number 6 or 7 this year.

nice what pos, i thought it has something to do with the numbers but i forgot since i have only been playing for 1 year and its sweet, im a starting strong head prop for my high school and this year we have some high hopes

Back
Top Bottom