Any gym-rats here?

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I would consider myself one, I hit the gym up usually about 4-5 times a week. Right now I'm looking for a new supplement. I've been using primarily creatine and whey protein, but I've been looking into using a Nitric Oxide product. I'm just not sure which ones any good. Anyone use a NO product?

i recently had a gym membership for 3 weeks, but i never even went once during that time so i cancelled my membership....so, i guess i'm definately not a gym rat. although, years ago when i was working out i used protein supplement shakes and even tried creatine too for a while so those are good, but don't know about N.O..

I would consider myself one, I hit the gym up usually about 4-5 times a week. Right now I'm looking for a new supplement. I've been using primarily creatine and whey protein, but I've been looking into using a Nitric Oxide product. I'm just not sure which ones any good. Anyone use a NO product?
I'm a gym rat also, I like to be there 4 days a week.

What brand of whey protein are you taking? I take AST VP-2, it's supposed to be the best on the market. As for the NO product, I have taken BSN NO-Xplode and it works really well to give you energy and strength, if you can get used to the taste...lol...fruit punch is the best tasting.

Do you think the 300 type workout really works?

15 bodyweight rows

25 bodyweight squats

15 pushups

50 jumping jacks

20 mountain climbers

10 close grip pushups

15 bodyweight rows

I go sometimes, but dude Nitric Oxide is nuts, like as soon as I took it I was stiff and felt so much bigger. Not so sure on how good for you it is.

But I'm starting to go more often, I just take Whey protein, gunna go back to the store and get more sheeteeet.

Do you think the 300 type workout really works?

15 bodyweight rows

25 bodyweight squats

15 pushups

50 jumping jacks

20 mountain climbers

10 close grip pushups

15 bodyweight rows

So we got the warmup taken care of, now wheres the workout?

<---
crew.jpg

I believe the name of the whey protein i take is simply called, "%100 Whey Protein"

It's got a lot of protein per serving, not too expensive, and I like the taste. From my understanding small quantities of NO are naturally excreted by muscles during times of strain to increase blood flow, and the supplement increases this amount.

I hear a lot of guys say it gives you a great 'pump'. But thats not what I lack when I go to the gym. And the lack of any actual scientific studies to the effectiveness of NO on strength gains makes me skeptical to dish out $50 for it.

To address the question as to 'How well do those powders work', whey protein is an essential for anyone who goes to the gym consistently. It's the building blocks of muscle. So you gotta have that. As for the creatine, it gives me a nice 'pump' at the gym; and makes me look a lot bigger; but in terms of strength I don't see a difference. And as soon as I go off it I notice I can drop up to 5 lbs in two days, since it makes you hold so much water. The 'muscle' gain you see from creatine i feel is primarily just water retention. Which is why I'm looking into NO, but I don't want to waste my money.

EDIT: Play nice guys, a warmup for some is hell for others. I'm sure what some of you would consider a warmup I would pass out from :-D. I can only run about 3.5 miles before I drop, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom