Help :( Can't get computer to work

I know this sounds stupid.... have you tried unplugging/re-plugging the monitor?

I have a syncmaster and have been running 2 computers to it for the last week(doing some repairs on mil's). 1 is vga, the other is dvi. I have to remove power from it for it to recognize the signal when I switch between the 2.

Ok i got it to run using the new PSU and i got excited
However i couldnt install the drivers without the GPU in.
I put it in and tried to run it with both cords and neither worked. i then tried to run it how it had just worked and no luck. does anyone have any idea what part could be malfunctioning before i take it off to the shop?

If it's a good enough monitor you shouldn't need to install the drivers for it to work, is it possible to use any type of onboard graphics until you can instal the graphics card drives?

That's the only thing I can think of. I installed a new graphics card to my old machine the other day, which actually broke it I think, but it did work for a few days, however it was analogue. Are you sure it's definately compatible with the slot it's in?

The only other thing I can think of is once I had a problem with my computer that on the motherboard there is a 4pin little connector that comes from the power supply... I unplugged it to do some maintenance and then forgot to do it back up. We took computer to the computer shop becuase we thought the motherboard had broken, and it wasn't plugged in... and we had exactly the same problem as you.

There is nothing else I can think of unless it was DOA, which won't be very good!

Hope this helps.

how is it doing now? im kinda out of ideas at the moment, but ill have another think.. have you got a newer monitor to try?

Back
Top Bottom