Blue Screen Of Death When Playing Games

Hello,

I just bought and built my new computer about 2 months ago, its still under warranty. In the past few days, i have been experiencing some problems. Whenever I open up Counter Strike Source, Or Halo, or Any online game, it will load up, then it gets to the blue screen of death, and restarts my computer. The error code it was giving me was:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x804E1745)

I decided to search this on google before i went any further. I got a bunch of forums saying it was either hardware issues or software issues. I updated all of my drivers, it was still giving me the blue screen. I made sure it wasn't my ram causing the problem. Then I checked my video card. I uninstalled its drivers, then removed the card from my computer. I went to my onboard card and installed its drivers. This time when i would open a game, instead of getting the blue screen, i got a black screen, then the computer restarted.

My Computer Specs are:

ASUS P5L-VM 1394
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz
Kingston 2GB
Geforce 8500GT
160GB Hard Drive.

If someone could please help me out, that would be great.
Thanks
xxguit3rxx
Take it back and tell them to fix it, that error is usually faulty memory

would it still be coverd thoe, usually if you do things like add ram and change things around it voids the warrenty

It is two sticks with a memory of 1GB each. I bought 1 stick when i bought the computer, iI just recently got the second stick for christmas. And as far as slots go, one stick is in a yellow slot, another in a brown one.

To run in dual channel mode, they both need to be in the yellow slots.

1 stick in kingston, the other is PDP systems, not the same model, same speed though
Latencies is most important here, what are the latencies??

It is two sticks with a memory of 1GB each. I bought 1 stick when i bought the computer, iI just recently got the second stick for christmas. And as far as slots go, one stick is in a yellow slot, another in a brown one.
Which one did you get for Xmas?? sounds like the module is faulty, run memtest86+ on it, make sure it is the only stick in the pc at the time.

would it still be coverd thoe, usually if you do things like add ram and change things around it voids the warrenty
Add ram, I missed where he said he added a stick, my bad, :(

It shouldn't void the warranty as he could remove it before returning to the vendor and no one would be the wiser.

well if he removed the ram and it worked there would be no need , he would just have to get more of the same ram

Anyways, about the parts, they are all custom, so it would not void the warranty. And about the ram, I will buy another 1GB kingston stick of ram, and get back to you

well if he removed the ram and it worked there would be no need , he would just have to get more of the same ram

So true, I would have to search for PDP Systems memory as I've never heard of it before, might do that when I get a spare minute.

I doubt the Kingston is faulty but you never know, the upside of that if it is the Kingston is lifetime warranty, dunno about the other stuff though.

And i dont know how it could be the ram, because i have the original stick of ram the i purchased when i bought the computer, and it has been working fine. It did the blue screen with each stick.

Back
Top Bottom