2 modem routers on one internet connection?

Shantei

In Runtime
Hey,

A while ago I got sky broadband for purposes of wireless connection to mutiple computers. The USB LAN connectors they provided us with the modem were rubbish and wouldn't connect properly. At first we didn't think it was the USB adapters but perhaps the router. So they gave us another one, but turned out the connectors were rubbish, so we used cables instead to connect.

Now the internet seems to be slowing down very often, and we think it's because of too many wireless and cable connections. So I (have no idea about these things) but also hoped that I'd be able to somehow connect the other router up on the same connection or whatever. I'm not sure how it works, but could I possibly do this?

Thanks very much in advance.

connect the routers together via ethernet cable, with one of the routers having the telephone line in. on the non telephone line one turn off "dhcp" in the router setup

Now the internet seems to be slowing down very often, and we think it's because of too many wireless and cable connections.

This could be the cause of your problem. Do you have security enabled for the wireless connection? If so, what type of security. Authentication, encryption, any security policies in place?

Second, how many users are using/sharing this connection? ;)....

Back
Top Bottom