What does this mean?

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
This thingy:

mbps.jpg

I'm probably going to use something like THIS so is the 14mbps fast enough? Does that number matter at all?

EDIT: Sry, I should have written more info. The screen shot is an image of my computer. That is of my wireless adapter attached to my computer. I wanted to see if that number mattered at all. that product for that link is for my XBox 360, so I just wanted to see if 14mbps was fast enough. Since I have a pretty big house, the 360 wireless adapter can't reach my router, so i had to look for an alternative. And I don't have an attic. I have DSL internet. I think that's enough info. ty

Yeah, it would be better if you got one of those antenna's to extend the range of your wireless network.

That 24 mbps transfer rate is what happens when you have low signal strength, the mbps drops (I'm assuming you have a 54mbps router), so if you got one of those antenna's and got better signal strength, you could take advantage of the full speed of your router.

Sry, I forgot to post some information. I edited my post above. And where the router is, I can't drill a hole or anything, as it is in my parents room.

Back
Top Bottom