Blue Screen Of Death When Playing Games

xxguit3rxx

Baseband Member
Hello,

I just bought and built my new computer about 2 months ago, its still under warranty. In the past few days, i have been experiencing some problems. Whenever I open up Counter Strike Source, Or Halo, or Any online game, it will load up, then it gets to the blue screen of death, and restarts my computer. The error code it was giving me was:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x804E1745)

I decided to search this on google before i went any further. I got a bunch of forums saying it was either hardware issues or software issues. I updated all of my drivers, it was still giving me the blue screen. I made sure it wasn't my ram causing the problem. Then I checked my video card. I uninstalled its drivers, then removed the card from my computer. I went to my onboard card and installed its drivers. This time when i would open a game, instead of getting the blue screen, i got a black screen, then the computer restarted.

My Computer Specs are:

ASUS P5L-VM 1394
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz
Kingston 2GB
Geforce 8500GT
160GB Hard Drive.

If someone could please help me out, that would be great.
Thanks
xxguit3rxx

Blue screen erros is when thers a mathematical error (i.e. somthing didnt add up) which is normally involved with the memory, since a lot of calculations when gaming go on in the memory.

How is the memory set up? Is it one stick of memory or two?

and if its two, are they set up in dual channel? (Normally, ual channel memory will be in slots that are the same colour)

It is two sticks with a memory of 1GB each. I bought 1 stick when i bought the computer, iI just recently got the second stick for christmas. And as far as slots go, one stick is in a yellow slot, another in a brown one.

do you have them set up for dual-channel? or did you when you first got the BSOD's?

try taking the pdp one out and just using the kingstom , play a game and if you dont get the BSOD come back and tell us

try taking the pdp one out and just using the kingstom , play a game and if you dont get the BSOD come back and tell us

ya, mix-matching ram usually isnt the best idea... granted it sometimes will work when your on the desktop, but when the ram is being used at its full potential (i.e. games) then sometimes different brands of ram dont work...

Usually when I see that error, it's driver related. Update all drivers (or roll back one version if you are using the latest) and give it a shot again.

Does the error point to a file at all?

Back
Top Bottom