boot problems

killakobra

Baseband Member
building a comp for my mom and it will get to the screen asking if i want to boot windows normally of from safe mode. when i select any of the options it reboots and comes back to the same spot.

hardware:
AMD 4000+ X2
2 gig kingston ddr2
ASUS m2n-vd mobo
Western Digital 40 Gb IDE HDD

and ideas on how to fix it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this is a clean install of windows, I can virtually guarantee you this is a bad hard drive. If it's not a new windows install, and booting in safemode doesn't work, try reinstalling windows (after backing up data). If it still cycles like that, then it's a bad drive.

it's not a clean install. it's one of her old drives that i'm using. i'll do a clean install on one of my blank backup's and see how it goes. i know her drive is good though because it will boot on her current machine.

Ah, I see now. So you just took her drive out of her computer and tried booting off of it in the new?

That being the case, It won't work. System is way too different.

ive had the same problem its in a continuis loop , hold F8 on boot and select you HDD , if that works come back and ill tell you how to fix it

You will have to reinstall Windows or could could try a repair but I doubt that would work.

ok, is there any way to take the windows partition and put it on the new drive without the mobo drivers? i can get it to boot off of an old drive i had lieing around after i took and re-installed 2k on it but she doesn't like 2k -_-. will the restore disks from compaq work(her old computer is going to get chucked but it has xp)

Back
Top Bottom