Am I really playing Unreal tourny 3 on the Highest?

superman22x

Golden Master
Computer is in my sig. and I think I have Unreal tourny on the Highest settings. There were only 2 options for things to turn up to 5 or something. I just thought this game would be as demanding as crysis. I am running at 1680x1050. It just doesnt seem right to me. And I dont even have DX10, so is there something I am just missing here?

Your rig is pretty good and UT3 isn't the most demanding game out there so I would have thought you'd be a able to play it at max.

Nope, I can get 60 fps+ but its capped usually, at full settings at 1680x1050. Its not very demanding at all.
The Unreal 3 engine is pretty good at that.

Yeah, it must be. Is unreal 3 DX10? There are like no games I cant max out with my 7900gs. Crysis I cant, NFS prostreet I have like 1 or 2 settings down, and Gears cant go into DX10. The 8800gt I will be getting soon will do a pretty good job then.

I don't think it is DX10, no. It was made to utilise the DX9 engine to its fullest, though, it obviously doesn't push them enough :p

Graphics are okay on the Unreal 3 engine, but they aren't amazingly so.

Yeah, wasnt it the Unreal engine 3 that was supposed to be the rival to the cry engine 2? So far it's not. But unreal is still pretty high graphically.

i was just playing the demo rite now. its not as demanding as crysis and it would play on highest on yours.

Back
Top Bottom