To those with HP laptops

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I got my laptop the other day and I love it so far. It came with a remote that fits in the express card slot. I put the battery in the remote and everything and it won't work. Is there something that I have to do to make it work? It should work right out of the box shouldn't it? My laptop has an infared receiver on the front.

Help is much appreciated.

It should work right out of the box. You could try setting up media center first, or opening HP quick play and playing something then trying the remote with it. ALso make sure you're pointing it at the front of the laptop where the headphone plug ins are, and try pionting it about a foot or so away. I had that problem at first but I soon discovered where the IR port was and that I shouldn't be too close to it.

I figured out the problem, turns out the battery wasn't making good contact under the battery cover so I made a little shim out of some thin cardboard and put it on top of the battery (thin little watch battery) and then put the battery cover back on so it pusahes the battery against the contacts harder. So it works now and all is well....:) And it did work right out of the box, I didn't need to do anything.

Ah yes the battery... that thing was the hardest thing about setting the laptop up. I got mine about a week ago, and the darn battery didn't seem to want to go in very well. I had to push down on the lid in order for the battery to stay in, it was kinda strange.

I had to push the battery down with a little bit of force (not too much) and then slide the cover over it. It was weird because there weren't any inserts to hold the battery in place so it didn't stay still very well until I put the cover on.

Ah, well mine didn't work even with the cover on so thats why I had to make the little shim, but it works now.

So since your remote and all that is fixed, how is the lappy running man?

Hows your battery life?

Back
Top Bottom