Heatsink fan not working, other problems.

well its unlikely to be the CPU, since the motherboard would have a set of beep codes for that, plus the harddrive would be spinning if even with the CPU working.

Try and take out all the memory, and turn it on (make sure there are speakers or headphones plugged in to the motherboard) and see if there are any beeps

No beeps.

The CD drive isn't working either....the mobo lights are all on though...and are my case lights :S

well, so far it sounds like a bad motherboard to me :( since it should beep if there is no memory present, but, then again it might be the PSU not giving enough power to it.

is there any way you can change the power supply and try one from another computer, then try and turn it on?

I own the only desktop of the house :(

I'm going to take the PSU to a tech store in town and ask em to test it for me... If it works...its the mobo =[

My motherboard has always had issues though...

My computer has never beeped...and the temp sensors don't work...It's an Albatron K8SLI...

thats strange :confused:

i would have said its your motherboard though, but seing how its not beeped before makes it a bit complicated :)

Hey, good news!

I took the whole thing apart, cleaned out all the dust, put it back together, and it works perfectly :D

Back
Top Bottom