Help :( Can't get computer to work

It is weird to say the least. It has to be something simple that we're missing, I'm going to go back and read your posts again just to make sure I haven't missed something pertinent.

Edit: I don't see anywhere where you state you have installed Catalyst drivers for your new card, also I don't see if you have tried booting into safe mode, can you tell me what you've done in this regard please.

Also what was your old card and psu?? or were you using onboard??

It is weird to say the least. It has to be something simple that we're missing, I'm going to go back and read your posts again just to make sure I haven't missed something pertinent.

I'll try to recap

MOBO is recieving power
Monitor works, but wont' read my computer
Power supply is feeding CD drive, HDD, and all other peripherals
GPU is recieving power, and the fan on it is running

When i start my computer up without HDD or unproperly seated RAM , i get NO beeps. Something is missing in this whole equation

Edit: I don't see anywhere where you state you have installed Catalyst drivers for your new card, also I don't see if you have tried booting into safe mode, can you tell me what you've done in this regard please.

Also what was your old card and psu?? or were you using onboard??

I can't install drivers, as the pc has nothing. there is no way to get to a point where i could install them
I cant get into safe mode as i cant see what the computer is doing, if it is even doing something
My last card was onboard, i took out my new GPU and tried starting it the old way, no luck

in about 20 minutes im going to remove the new psu, put in the old one and try that, just wanted to exhaust all other options

OK, so you're not even getting a single post beep I take it? pressing F8 repeatedly during boot does nothing also I surmise, mate, the psu is next in the firing line then as it is the only other option left.

Try to return your pc to its original state. Could just be a simple faulty psu.

is ure motherboard capable of running your processor??? some motherboards need a bios updat to run the newer processors so if you have a spare cpu laying around try that!!

is ure motherboard capable of running your processor??? some motherboards need a bios updat to run the newer processors so if you have a spare cpu laying around try that!!

My motherboard came with my processor, i dont suspect my CPU at all right now
theres no way it could have burned out, as my computer was off during the time it stopped working

what processor do u have???and ure motherboard??sorry i havent read much of the post...but alot of ppl in the cpu mag has had the same problem and all they had to do was egt a bios update so there processors could work~!

what processor do u have???and ure motherboard??sorry i havent read much of the post...but alot of ppl in the cpu mag has had the same problem and all they had to do was egt a bios update so there processors could work~!

Well first off
I just took out my GPU, put in my old PSU and....

Screen is shooting blanks. Has the old Analog/Digital flashing still.
I have a Amd 5600+ X2
Motherboard is ASUS(Don't know which make atm)

does anyone know what this means if the old PSU doesn't work?

EDIT: a note in case it helps, My cpu has lost its power button ability
It starts up when i plug it in, and i have to unplug it for it to turn off, the power button is dead

OH MY GOD

I got it to start up running on bare minimum stuff!!! Jesus christ i almost started to cry!

It's making a loud ass noise though... does not sound good at all
Will update in a second

EDIT: well.. sigh
everything went well, i went into bios and there was no option for disabling onboard video
I figured i would try to use the new GPU again without the new power supply *slaps head*
It did not work of course and i tried using my computer the way i just had. Screen is getting no feed

I have no clue now i seriously give up, taking it to the store tomorrow

did you get the image on the screen while it was running?

sounds like some of the bearings in one of the fans could have gone, making it overheat and shut down, check your fans, if you can spin them freely they should be okay, if it feels tough to spin them, or they make any noise, that could indicate that the fans are U/S.

could always be something stupid like a broken cable to the screen..

Back
Top Bottom