Had Some Good Luck

sek3o1

Daemon Poster
Well, i was driving through town today and i found 3 computers in diff ppl's trash!! all that was wrong with them were power supply issues,fans not working, and bad ram.

the worst one i got was a emachines with a amd 2800 120 GB hard drive 512 mbs of ram!!!! i think because of x mas ppl just threw there old stuff away instead of fixing it....ne ways my out of pocket expense was 20 bucks to fix them and I'm selling them for 225-240 so tomorrow ill have close to 700 dollars, not a bad day at all.

Well, i was driving through town today and i found 3 computers in diff ppl's trash!! all that was wrong with them were power supply issues,fans not working, and bad ram.

the worst one i got was a emachines with a amd 2800 120 GB hard drive 512 mbs of ram!!!! i think because of x mas ppl just threw there old stuff away instead of fixing it....ne ways my out of pocket expense was 20 bucks to fix them and I'm selling them for 225-240 so tomorrow ill have close to 700 dollars, not a bad day at all.

wow, nice! lucky day
My day has been complete sh*t

just got to look around. once ppl through there stuff on the rd it's fair game!!

I need to go dumpster diving more often after Christmas... Nice finds. I haven't gotten anything good for free recently...I haven't gotten much at all recently really... I just got 1 more system to sell for $280ish, then I got a bunch of older systems. 1 P3, the other 3 P2 or older... Plus and old laptop that I don't have a hard drive for... I must go put up a wanted ad on craisglist again to see if anyone wants to get rid of their old stuff. The best I've gotten so far is a car full of stuff for $50. It's was worth well over $50. Sold a system alone from that lot for $260.

How do you sell them so easily? You said by tomorrow you will have them all sold... It takes me awhile to sell any one system... I sell on craigslist, not to PC stores because I want to make some money off of them... :p

i sell them to friends and family my g pa owns a eletronics store so if i do need cash fast i can sell to him! i sell cheap also im sure i could sucker someone into buying one of them for 350-400 i used to do it all the time....but i want some jack hammers (speakers) for my car and they cost like 1200 dollars a piece so i need the money asap! by the way how succesful is graigslist i never used it!! i was thinking bout buying some gym equipment once but i went and bought new i paid like 2500 for my current set up and could of got it for 350 bucks on graigslist i just dont trust it!!

All the stuff I bought on craigslist has been working and at a good deal.

I don't cheat people out of money, I try to sell it for what it's worth. If it doesn't sell in awhile, I drop the price some. I'm usually never in a hurry to sell anything. Saving up for a newer used car, the $280 I'm selling 1 system for will go towards it, but I'm not too near the time of buying the car yet, so I don't need the money right now.

The system specs: eMachines T5010, 3GHz P4, 512MB DDR 400, 200GB SATA, DVD-RW, ATI Radeon 9250 128MB, plus monitor, keyboard, and mouse. It can play COD2 well, so it's not that bad of a system for a budget gamer or whatever.

No one in my family needs a computer, so it would be kinda hard to sell to them. I tried to sell one to my uncle, but he ended up getting a crappier one for free which he then gave to me to fix for him, made $20 off it for fixing it, plus a wireless G PCI card b/c it wasn't working in his system (it works fine for me)...

Haha yeah you'd be surprised how many perfectly salvageable machines get thrown out every day.

Back
Top Bottom