wow pwnage internet speed

220853679.png

My internet's slow.

yea thats normal...your computer's ethernet supports upto 1 gigabit...

your connection is probably under 10 megabits

I thought it could only get up to 200Mbps. I running the dual Ethernet jacks, but it only gets to 200 megabits network speed, how does it support 1 gigabit? Anyway, I thought that was weird because it normally comes up with 200Mbps, but it came up as 1Gbps that time...

UTSA, the college I want to go to, doesn't get too bad of speed: http://www.speedtest.net/global.php?nonisps=1&continent=1&country=1&region=38&city=245

Here's mine

My DSL equipment is 12 years old, this is a 6 meg sync. It's the highest sync rate without possibly causing severe problems on this equipment

221204637.png

I thought it could only get up to 200Mbps. I running the dual Ethernet jacks, but it only gets to 200 megabits network speed, how does it support 1 gigabit? Anyway, I thought that was weird because it normally comes up with 200Mbps, but it came up as 1Gbps that time...

200Mbps isnt a sync speed, you'll never get that unless you have port teaming equipment. In a full FastEthernet duplex connection, you get 100Mbps downstream and 100Mbps upstream.

The reason why you only occasionally sync at 1Gbps is the wiring likely cannot properly handle gigabit speeds, theirfor it syncs at at 100mbps usually. In a lab that was setup with computers with gigabit NIC's and a gigabit switch and Cat6 cabling, only half the computers would sync at 1Gbps. I must add the wiring was very poorly done, running wires parallel to electrical conduits.

200Mbps isnt a sync speed, you'll never get that unless you have port teaming equipment. In a full FastEthernet duplex connection, you get 100Mbps downstream and 100Mbps upstream.

I am teaming ethernet jacks, iow dual ethernet...my mobo supports it. Which is why I get 200Mbps network speed on this system. I know my whole network isn't 200Mbps.

I am teaming ethernet jacks, iow dual ethernet...my mobo supports it. Which is why I get 200Mbps network speed on this system. I know my whole network isn't 200Mbps.

Shouldn't be able to get that speed without a switch that supports teaming, which isn't consumer crap. Post a pic of windows saying 200Mbps.

Back
Top Bottom