Two OS's

NeciFiX

In Runtime
A guy made a topic about two operating systems and that made me remember you can do something like that. I have a 150GB C: Drive with Windows XP Home SP2 on it and a blank D: Drive with about 250GBs of HDD space on it, all it has is some stuff that was too big for my current HD (I'm gonna do a clean sweep on both drives if I decide to upgrade). Would I still be able to buy the Upgrade package of Vista even though I'm putting it on a new HDD without Windows XP on it prior? I still have the original XP CD and registration key and the like. Would it at all slow down my PC?

I don't think so. I could be wrong though. I believe how the upgrade works is Microsoft asks you for your XP key. And if your currently using that XP key its not going to also let you use that key for the upgrade.

You can use a Vista upgrade disk to do a clean install.

Install Vista but DON'T enter your Vista key, leave it blank, that will give you a 30 day trial install, then just reinstall Vista, it will see the trial install as a previous os and you're good to go (don't forget to input your key the second time ;))

Back
Top Bottom