computer just shuts off

yeah it died.......... it completly stopped working today, im on my other computer now, it just shut off then i tryed to turn it on and it dident even want to turn on, then i tryed to get another power supply from another computer and it wwas 300, and then the computer dident even turn on on that one! now im gonna go to the store and buy one for my 18th bday present from my parents since i turn 18 this months =\ but this sux cuz that other power supply just started blinking and wouldent power anything on, so i hope its just the power supply!

When you said it died do you mean completely dead or it just wouldnt boot, if it wouldnt boot try a reformat

When you said it died do you mean completely dead or it just wouldnt boot, if it wouldnt boot try a reformat

Don't reformat, its the PSU. Save the files and just get a new PSU.

First it failed intermittently, the problem worsened, and eventually ceased working all together. All signs point to the PSU. If you really want to test it you can cause a short, (which should cause your fans and psu fan to spin up) by doing the following:

1. Obtain a non stapled staple, one that still has this shape: |_|
2. Locate the 20 or 24 pin molex connector for your motherboard.
3. Place one end of the staple into the whole with the green wire coming out of it such that it is touching the metal contact inside the whole.
4. Place the other end of the staple into any whole with a black wire leading into it such that it is touching the metal contact inside the whole.

If your PSU does not jump to life and spin up your fans, then it has most definitely died completely. If the fans spin up it probably means its not completely dead yet, but still can produce enough power to rotate your fans.

omg guys wow okay i take off my heatsink and im like wtf? wheres my processor, the things stuck to the heatsink, and thermal paste was on some pins somehow, the motherboard has a spot on it where it looks like its melted sauder!!!!! i took out my processor and turned it on and it worked good for no processor, so what is it? motherboard ? or processor?

omg guys wow okay i take off my heatsink and im like wtf? wheres my processor, the things stuck to the heatsink, and thermal paste was on some pins somehow, the motherboard has a spot on it where it looks like its melted sauder!!!!! i took out my processor and turned it on and it worked good for no processor, so what is it? motherboard ? or processor?

Thats not good. I apologize I guess it was not the PSU.

Its not a problem with your motherboard or processor. Its a problem with your cooling. Some processors run hotter than others, but not as hot as it seems your describing. Are any of your fans blocked by anything? You must not be getting good air flow.

Back
Top Bottom