Help :( Can't get computer to work

You have the same screen as me :)

Still...that doesn't sort the issue out, and I'm pretty much stuck for ideas on what hasn't been tried already.

If possible try the card out on another machine. I hope its not DOA :(

EDIT:

Also make sure the 12v lines going to the card (if there are 2 of them) aren't sharing the same power connection, and are indeed on 2 seperate 12v lines away from anything else.

Do you have onboard video? If so plug your monitor in to the onboard go into bios and disable the onboard video then plug your monitor into the video card. By the way you only need one cable for the monitor just use the DVI one, the monitor has both DVI and VGA in case your video out is either of the two.

Do you have onboard video? If so plug your monitor in to the onboard go into bios and disable the onboard video then plug your monitor into the video card. By the way you only need one cable for the monitor just use the DVI one, the monitor has both DVI and VGA in case your video out is either of the two.

I do have integrated graphics, however i cannot get to bios to disable it as i have no loadup, or picture on the screen

I do not believe that is the problem though, as i just took out my GPU, and i still got no picture. this leads me to believe its the new PSU. When the new psu is in i still get startup, fans running, and the cd drive working. This means the mobo is powered, however i'm not sure if the HDD is. I resecured both cables on the hard drive and no luck. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be faulted by the PSU i'd really appreciate it

If its got onboard, have you tried plugging the monitor cables up to the intergrated? If it boots, you can then go into the BIOS and make it power up on the PCI-E bus.

If its got onboard, have you tried plugging the monitor cables up to the intergrated? If it boots, you can then go into the BIOS and make it power up on the PCI-E bus.

Yep tried that, nothing
Took out GPU, Nothing
Reseated everything, resetted CMOS, nothing
Took out hard drive, NOTHING

Since i hear no beeps etc. I assume either my HDD is broken or a part of my mobo is broken, but i dont know how to accurately diagnose this.

Removed RAM as well, no beeps
Does this mean my motherboard is broken?
My motherboard still is getting power, as the fans\GPU were both working

AHHHH im so confused :(

Have you made sure you've connected the motherboard power supply back up? That other 12v ATX connection?

If your sure the computer is powering up completly, the video card seems at fault to me :(
If you have another video card to put in its place to test the other connections on the PSU, do so

Back
Top Bottom