Please Check my Temps/Volts

colorblindjimbo

In Runtime
Here is a pic of my speedfan voltage and temps.

This is my setup
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
XFX Nvidia 680i SLI Mobo
650W Coolmaster PSU
4GB DDR2 800MHZ
ATI RADEON x850 256mb GFX Card

Are all the voltages correct/close to correct. Are all the temperatures fine? If so, what is the max temperature that my Cores should be at.

I'm a little confused with what the difference between the Core temps and the CPU temps. I know that they are obviously the temperature of the cores on my CPU, but whats the recommended temperature for them? Are they the same as the CPU? Higher? Lower?

On a side note: I just installed winxp64 (my old installation went corrupt for some reason), and when installing some sound drivers, it caused me to thrash my disk like no other. I was using something like 9000mb of Memory (5gb of Virtual Memory), and it also thrashing my VRAM too I believe as I was getting "Virtual Memory Low" message. Any clue what could have caused this, its gone for now since I rebooted but I would like to get rid of the source of the problem if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

omg your 12v is HORRIBLE!! im suprised that thing even runs! you really need a new psu...

your temps are good, cpu is the whole processor and cores like you said are the individual cores, sometimes the cores will be hotter or colder, just depends on usage, max for your cores that i would be comfortable with is probably 55, thats not a good temp to be running constantly though...

Speedfan is often very inaccurate, download PC Wizard 2008 and check your voltages. With a quad core, you should be checking your core temps, and they look fine. I'd say 55c is a perfectly fine temp under load, CPUs are meant to last about 10000 hours at 60c.

omg your 12v is HORRIBLE!! im suprised that thing even runs! you really need a new psu...

your temps are good, cpu is the whole processor and cores like you said are the individual cores, sometimes the cores will be hotter or colder, just depends on usage, max for your cores that i would be comfortable with is probably 55, thats not a good temp to be running constantly though...

The CPU is brand new...

What's wrong with ym 12v?
What should it be at?
Can I change its settings from BIOS?

well, the 12v under load has to be within 10%, so thats 12v or 12v -10%/12v +10%

on mine, 12V is normally between 11.98v and 12.06v

obvisouly speedfan must be reading it wrong, i seriously doubt the system would work at al if the 12v was that low!

You cant change the voltage yourself, but you can try and download PC Wizard 2008 like Worshipme said which gives better results, or check it in the BIOS (its normally in there somewhere)

I just downloaded PC Wizard and it says the same voltage (9.82).

What problems could this cause?
Could this damage my hard ware?

I can't check the BIOS as of now because I'm not at home... I'm doing all this through logmein. Hopefully the BIOS will have a different Reading.

If it is at 9.82 I guess I'll RMA my PSU.

Any suggestions on a 650-750W PSU I could use?

well, IF it turns out to be your PSU but im not convinced it would even start up at 9 or so volts, try and go with a brand Antec, Coolmaster or Crosair - they tend to have a better reputation than just the smaller, generic brands

Back
Top Bottom