Motherboard suggestions for Quad core...

dan7777

In Runtime
Well, turns out I'm a lucky boy and have just got a brand new Q6600 Intel and 4 gigs of ddr2 800 RAM for around £180 off a buddy. I am wondering if anybody could suggest a decent motherboard with RAID for around a £100?

Please help. Any suggestions are really appreciated!

im using an Asus P45N-E SLI that has the 650i chipset, 4 DDR2 slots, 2 PCI-E slots and 4 sATA -300 ports, and i LOVE it :D

and it was £70 without shipping, and has really good drivers and utilities, plus the BIOS is excellent with a wide range of overclocking abilities :)

edit:, and it supports 800MHz memory too :)

I like the look of th P5E! However, somebody on the newegg reviews mentioned difficulty with RAID.

Any comments? Anybody had any problems with RAID on it?

Any other good mobos?

I simply want to use RAID 1 with two Maxtor 250 7200rpm hds.

Cheers!

Storage

- 2 x Ultra DMA 133/100/66/33
- 4 x Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s
- Support RAID0, 1, 0+1, 5, and JBOD
- 1 x External Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s (SATA On-the-Go)
LAN Gigabit LAN featuring AI Net2
Marvell 88E1116 PHY

I personally dont use RAID at all, but I went through the Reviews on eBuyer (which, btw has it for £67.32 and FREE shipping!) and the only ones who had RAID problem seem to be fine once they had updated the BIOS which isnt hard :)

eBuyer Link

ASUS P5K with the P35 chipset is a brilliant board for the price, apart from SLI support (it supports CF) it beats the 650i and the 680i at pretty much everything including FSB speeds.

i have P5E, best board ever , really good overcloker.it one of the more expencive boards thoe.i didnt use RAID so i carnt help you there but other then that its realyl good

Back
Top Bottom