Dial up Wifi Key for PS3 would this work?

Alright thanks for the info there NeonFire. I think i'll just order it, its only $40 so if it doesn't work its not like I wasted a pile of money. I was really hoping I could take all the bandwith for the PS3. I'd really like to play madden08 with some of my friends. I don't know how much bandwith that would take and if it would even be possible.

The only games i've tried lately that have been alright in multiplayer on dial up is Lost Planet and World in conflict. Although I have a tough time playing more than 4 person in Lost Planet I seem to get disconnected 80% of the time when I try 6 person matchs. And WIC i'm limited to 4 team games.

Rudster: Did I mention that in a MSN conversation or something?

no, you needed help because you couldnt get it to work one time, but you could get it to work at the libary or something like that. i remember LOTS of things, i just cant recall them until i need them :p

phone cords\ethernet both use the CAT standard, expect that ethernet is CAT5 and phone cords are CAT4. im 90% sure if you just bridged the connection\internet connection share your internet from your computer iw would, specially since DSL just increases the bandwidth of a normal phone cord and converts it to eithernet with ease, im sure XP\Vista could aswell.

Phones are CAT3 (And occasionally CAT1)
Ethernet is CAT5/5e and Cat6

they use CAT3? i knew that ethernet used 5e, and CAT6, but i always thought that phone cords were CAT3, swore i would have read somewhere it said "phone lines"....must have been tired :p

no, you needed help because you couldnt get it to work one time, but you could get it to work at the libary or something like that. i remember LOTS of things, i just cant recall them until i need them :p
My PS3 has never left the house, let alone the library. :confused:

They are a little over 100-110MB, right? That would take a long time on dial-up. I just bring my laptop to the library and transfer them over from there.

Back
Top Bottom