Graphics problem

30A on a single 12V rail is really pushing it, I don't know if thats acceptable for a 8800GT. Its also saying there is only 360w output on the 12V rail. Can anyone tell me if the GT specs say it needs total combined 400w or if it need that on the 12V rail alone?

Hmmm, the problem seems to be fixed. I uninstalled the 168.28 drivers I got from the EVGA website and installed the Nvidia 168.25 drivers and I just played Portal for about half an hour with absolutely no problems. I'd say the problem is fixed, though if I experience another freeze up, be it tomorrow or a week from now, I'm RMAing it. But at the moment, things seem to be just fine.

Now with that out of the way, allow me to express how amazing this video card is. I'm about to cry you guys. I've never played such modern games with everything maxed out with a constant 60 FPS lol. Zomg. Anyways, thanks for the help guys. :cool:

Now with that out of the way, allow me to express how amazing this video card is. I'm about to cry you guys. I've never played such modern games with everything maxed out with a constant 60 FPS lol. Zomg. Anyways, thanks for the help guys. :cool:
You may be able to get higher FPS if you disable vsync in the nvidia control panel. Vsync has a ceiling of 60fps

I don't think I need any more than 60 FPS. Is it even possible to tell the difference between 60 and 100 FPS?

Yes, you can, but it's not that great.
It's down to personal preference whether you want to keep vsync on or not.

-Rhys

With my old ATI X1600 card I had to keep vsync off or my games stuttered like crap, but now everything runs so smoothly that there's no need to keep it off anymore really. 60 FPS suits me just fine. Great actually lol.

Strange...

On an unrelated note, I still haven't completed Portal...

But anyway, the card needs 2 power connections, am I right? Just for future reference, make sure each line going to the card is a seperate one, and not shared.

But, if it was video drivers, thats very weird indeed.

Glad its fixed for the minute though :)

Strange...

On an unrelated note, I still haven't completed Portal...

But anyway, the card needs 2 power connections, am I right? Just for future reference, make sure each line going to the card is a seperate one, and not shared.

But, if it was video drivers, thats very weird indeed.

Glad its fixed for the minute though :)

Funny you should mention that. I am using shared power connectors. Hmmmm. So you think I should use separate ones? I suppose I can fix that up, just to ensure I don't run into any more problems...

Back
Top Bottom