Lexmark x4250 with VISTA

jonreeves2000

Baseband Member
Having real problems with this printer now that I have switched to Vista. I got the printing to work by downloading drivers from the lexmark website, however, the scanning, faxing etc does not work. In fact, I do not even get the all-in-one center to get my scanning and faxing going. I tried scanning by putting a sheet in the feeder but the all-in-one center does not even pop up that way. What should I do?? Wrote to Lexmark, no response.

Figures. Any genius wanna help me please?????

Jon.

Is the printer hooked up on a network, or directly to your computer?

When you downloaded the drivers, did you install VIA device manager, or run the setup program it comes with?

try right clicking the printer or driver software then properties then security then edit then ticking full control , my mum had a problem with her scanner and she wrang up HP and they said she need a new scanner but it was as simple as that

cryman - I already have Full Control ticked, but thanks for the suggestion.
Celegorm, I have the printer hooked directly to my computer. I ran the setup from the prog it came with and then downloaded the drivers from Lexmark website. But I had to remove everything before I downloaded the drivers. Any help?

If you still have the install file, I would try uninstalling everything lexmark related and try reinstalling it.

Back
Top Bottom