How good is this??

Sweet now you need to start overclocking to get the most out of the DDR3 memory. Can you overclock the memory without overclocking the board or do you have to use memory ratio's as you increase the FSB for overclocking?

Could you do some ram benchs in Everest if you don't mind i'm curious to see how fast it actually is and if its worth a switch for spring upgrades. Thanks enjoy!

It's going to take some tweaking I'm afraid, I can't get it to boot at 533FSB x6 multi to run 1:1 with the memory.

At present I'm running as above until the weekend when I'll have a chance to tinker with it, I have to go out of town today but hopefully I'll be back this evening, if not the early tomorrow.

bloody frustrating not having the time to tinker right now though i tell you.

Memory ratios at present until I get this FSB problem sorted

Some pics

dscf0510mediumgk5.jpg

dscf0512mediummw1.jpg

dscf0513mediumdq6.jpg

I'll probably follow this AnandTech guide for starters as the bios has a lot of stuff that is totally different to what I'm used to.

Anandtech P5E3 OC guide.

The TU120e and IFX-14 arrived today, man you guys thought the TU120e was big, wait until you see the IFX-14 beside it, pics to come when i get home from work (approx 5 hours time)

:D

pffffft guides are only for when u carnt figure it out yourself , haah
LMFAO, Touche´ my friend

For Mattie, he was referring to my reply earlier in his thread

Manual ??? pffffft manuals are only for when you can't figure it out by yourself ;)

LMAO

You may find this of some interest too btw

Anandtech P5E3 OC Guide

Anyway, how's the size of this IFX-14, it's freakin massive, that's the Ultra 120 eXtreme in the front, doesn't look so big now. lol

coolersnl4smallqn8.jpg

O I must of missed it then. Sorry Cryman I didn't know it was a inside joke my bad.

Very nice that thing is massive. Are you going to do a detailed comparison between the two?

Ahhh hell your in Australia I was going to say i'd buy the one you didn't end up using from you but forget that!

I've got all weekend lol but just by looking at the surface area of the IFX and the fact I can get two fans, front and middle it has to be the more efficient.
(rear fan will have to be the case 120mm exhaust as I can't fit a third one on the cooler and retain the exhaust fan)

Trouble is they both use different back plates :( meaning I have to haul the board out twice (this is where Zalmans universal mount wins imo) but you never know, I've had the cpu up to 3.6GHz since I got home (Zalman) so it looks like I'm in for a big weekend.

I'll fire up my lappie to report back here and start stripping the desktop I suppose

Back
Top Bottom