Why is the PS3 ripped on so much?

hey, I agree with you. I heard it all! I still ordered one last night. Nothing changed my opinion. The PS3 has a TON of unused power, giving it so much more than the 360 will ever have.

The 360s power seems maxed out. Game developers are taking advantage of the entire system. Which is a good thing, believe it or not - because for the 360, it's as good as it can get right now. PS3 is virtually equivalent to 360 at this point -- in a year or two, developers will be able to take full advantage of PS3 hardware, and it will blow 360 away. I know it. It will happen.

Besides. Blu-Ray integrated. All games are on Blu-Rays. 360? DVDs. Still DVDs. Dual layer, sure, but if you want HD, you gotta buy a $200 attatchment. HD DVDs don't even compare to Blu-Rays.

Wifi is also built in. If you want that, fork over $100 for 360.
If you were to add Wifi and HD DVD, it would cost you almost $600 for a 360! Forgettaboutit! PS3, $200 less for all that and more.
Not to mention media card readers, and up to 4 USB ports.

So next time your little friend brags about how his 360 pwns, make sure you tell him that. My friends have nothing to say anymore.

I can't help but think that Little Big World uses some more power that other games haven't used, but I don't exactly believe the 360 can't build up anymore than it has.
They both have a lot of power.

I only see one thing in that statement that I disagree with joe. In 2 years there will be better consoles coming out the following year... So that's why I wouldn't buy a PS3. I know everyone right now is saying "focus on game development rather than new hardware" but cmon now. Everyone knows every 4 or so years there's a new gen of consoles. That's the main downfall of the PS3 as far as I see it.

I can't help but think that Little Big World uses some more power that other games haven't used, but I don't exactly believe the 360 can't build up anymore than it has.
They both have a lot of power.
You mean Little Big Planet, right?

Haha, they could both put out 60, but if developers strive for ever more complex games as they are doing, 60fps won't be possible at 1080p, which is why many games you see are limited to 720p, which is basically 1024x720 in computer monitor terms.

Lag is something seen in some games though, and its sometimes the programmers fault, or the fact they've simply ported the game.
For instance Orange Box on the PS3 runs a lot worse than the Orange Box on the Xbox 360, due to a port.

Both systems have there minus and plus points. I personally prefer my 360 over my PS3, but I have them both to make a decision with.
720p is 1280x720...

Okay, I'll believe that :p
My TV is 1024x720 because it has rectangle pixels, and not square, though actually that makes no sense, but it does...

I only see one thing in that statement that I disagree with joe. In 2 years there will be better consoles coming out the following year... So that's why I wouldn't buy a PS3. I know everyone right now is saying "focus on game development rather than new hardware" but cmon now. Everyone knows every 4 or so years there's a new gen of consoles. That's the main downfall of the PS3 as far as I see it.

Listen, first of all there probly won't be a PS4

My friend hates it, I dont understand. He insists that it cant run anything. Every game is reported to have frame drops and everything. He says IGN will give the same game on 360 as PS3 a higher rating for 360. I tell him, just watch, the PS3 will start to take over, lots more power and all. He still insists that it's crap. He is now saying the PS3 CANT put out more then 35 frames per second, and the 360 can only put out 60. I said, they put out as much as they can, weather it be 5 or 600. Who is right, and what are your opinions?
Your friend is an idiot. Full offense intended.

The game will either A, run at the highest frame rate the hardware is capable of producing with the given circumstances, or B, it will run at whatever frame rate it is capped at.

That is what I tried telling him! Even the Idiot part. I said, dont argue about something you dont understand.

He insists that his brother knows what he is talking about, and that I dont, and you all dont either. I pointed him to this thread. I told him, a game will run at 30fps, if you are in a big fight with tons of objects and all, and at 80+ if you are just looking at a plain black wall or something. he said nope. I told him to back it up, and is like, I can, look, my game manual says something about 60FPS, so I said, yeah, well, I can bench my games and SHOW you the difference in real time. He said, nope. So then I showed him something saying how ratchet and Clank for PS3 is supposed to run around 60FPS, and gave him a link, and he just said. Lie.

So, he cant be convinced, I just leave it, I know I'M right, lol. I hate argueing with people who dont know what they are talking about...

Back
Top Bottom